Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cactus33

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2011
Hi all, I have recently started to use my iPad for taking notes in lectures, and it is great, except the only two ways I can find to transfer my pages documents from iPad --> Mac are A) Emailing via iWork.com or B) Paying for a subscription for WebDav ($$$).

I also attempted to follow this method (best illustrated here: http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/ipad_transfering_files_with_itunes/). But alas, it doesn't work for me.

So my question is, does anyone know how on earth to transfer documents from the iPad to Mac? I can do it the other way around via Dropbox...

Help Please!:confused:

Thanks

henry72

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2009
New Zealand
1. Goto Share and Print
2. Send to iTunes
3. Choose what kind of format you want to export
4. Plug it into your Mac and goto App, then you will see your exported files under Pages

Same as other Apps :D

If you don't want to plug the USB cable, you can send it to your email address and download it from your Mac ;)

palpatine

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

i think you can also email dropbox, right?

cactus33

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2011
1. Goto Share and Print
2. Send to iTunes
3. Choose what kind of format you want to export
4. Plug it into your Mac and goto App, then you will see your exported files under Pages

Same as other Apps :D

If you don't want to plug the USB cable, you can send it to your email address and download it from your Mac ;)

Thanks a lot - it works well! Before, I couldn't work out how to access Pages files on iTunes!

----------

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

i think you can also email dropbox, right?

I don't think you can email from pages to dropbox!?

jlsappia

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2012
Copying multiple pages documents

I followed the thread about exporting Pages documents from IPAD (2) to Macbook using Itunes. I have already sent one document at a tiime...However, I have multiple documents in Pages that I want to transfer. Is there a way to export multiple documents instead of only one at a time?

Mac.World

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2011
In front of uranus
Hi all, I have recently started to use my iPad for taking notes in lectures, and it is great, except the only two ways I can find to transfer my pages documents from iPad --> Mac are A) Emailing via iWork.com or B) Paying for a subscription for WebDav ($$$).

I also attempted to follow this method (best illustrated here: http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/ipad_transfering_files_with_itunes/). But alas, it doesn't work for me.

So my question is, does anyone know how on earth to transfer documents from the iPad to Mac? I can do it the other way around via Dropbox...

Help Please!:confused:

Thanks
Do you have iDisk?

1pad

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2011

Qvothe

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2012
Why don't you just go through iCloud? When you go to iCloud.com and login using your Apple ID, you can access all your pages documents and save them to your mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.