Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2Sticky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 4, 2005
UK
How long do your BT Apple Mouse batteries Last?

And what battery do you use?

I have had my mouse about 1 month now, and got through the stock batteries and now a fresh set, i use energizers....

saying that Apple say batteries should last 3 months it not looking good,

If i'm away for say 5-10mins is it best to turn the moust off?

yippy

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2004
Chicago, IL
I have an Apple BT mouse that still has battery power after a month or two of use. I stopped using it when I got my BT-500 mouse, that only gets a few days of battery life our of 2 rechargable AAAs :rolleyes: .

slippy

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2005
I have been using the keyboard and mouse since the first day I received my new PB a month ago. As I post this both have gone through 1 bar on the meter in system preferences.

Also, I have not turned the keyboard off since I put it on my desk and only turn the mouse off when I take it with me somewhere, which has only been a couple times.

2Sticky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 4, 2005
UK
Blimmy, maybe i shouldn't turn my mouse on and off in short periods of time,

think i shall have to try some different batteries too. Thanks for your responses.

Karlchen

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2003
Germany
agreed.... battery dead too soon

.. I agree, my batteries have a lifespan of about one months, which is not even close to the three months I expected ...
The keyboard however is still going strong after four to five months...

Nickygoat

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2004
London
Plenty of threads on this. Some seem to have awful battery life while others have good ones. FWIW I get 3 months on the mouse and am only at 3 bars on my KB - bought it June 2004. Mac on 7 hours/ day average

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.