Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zedero

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
Hello, I have put my iPhone in DFU mode, and it is not turning back on. I tried the holding buttons plenty of times, and still nothing. I tried different techniques, and nothing happened.

I put it in DFU mode, and tried to update the software, BUT, it didn't update, and I tried so many times with so many programs, but it doesn't work.

I decided, screw it, so I tried turning it back on. It is not coming on or getting out of DFU mode. Please help.

Optimisms

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2011
Hello, I have put my iPhone in DFU mode, and it is not turning back on. I tried the holding buttons plenty of times, and still nothing. I tried different techniques, and nothing happened.

I put it in DFU mode, and tried to update the software, BUT, it didn't update, and I tried so many times with so many programs, but it doesn't work.

I decided, screw it, so I tried turning it back on. It is not coming on or getting out of DFU mode. Please help.

Huh which program did you use to JailBreak it?

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
You can only update to the latest iOS, unless you have blobs.
You need to post detailed info if you want help. This isn't 20 questions. :rolleyes:

Zedero

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
I'm sorry, I wasn't jailbreaking it, but instead trying to update to 4.3.3 even though I do not have a blob. So I tried doing that and nothing worked so I gave up. I have not changed anything, absolutely nothing, accept maybe I used iReb to help me get rid of an error. I tried the FixRecovery from Tiny Umbrella and the screen lit up and had like lots of lines of code and then it shut off again but I cannot turn it on or anything or get it out of recovery mode.

I have 1.2.4 (The one that comes in the box).

If you need more info, please ask. Thank you.

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
Even if you're not jb-ing, you can't update to anything other than 4.3.5 (the current ios) without a blob.
Of course, since you're not jb-ing, why are you only trying to update to 4.3.3? It's obviously not for the bb advantage, so what's keeping you from the latest ios?
I'm sorry, I wasn't jailbreaking it, but instead trying to update to 4.3.3 even though I do not have a blob.

Zedero

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
I was still tring to, but it didn't work, so I gave up, and now trying to get it out of DFU mode.

Sotmax

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; el-gr) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Download 4.2.1 ipsw and jailbreak it with redsnOw.After that you will be able to use it as jailbreaked phone or restore to original via itunes.
If u jailbreake it change ur root pass to something else for ur security.
Hope this helps.
Good luck

Zedero

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
Sorry, when I use redsn0w, I do not have a ipsw file. I downloaded one, and it doesn't work with it. I tried finding the ipsw file on my iPhone 4, and it isn't there. Please help me I am new and I have no idea what to do.

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
Non of these methods above work. I broke my phone earlier on today by installing Cydia on beta 7 like an ass. Here is how i got out of it.

Connect your phone via the USB and use Redsn0w. Follow the instructions and put it into Pwned dfu mode.

Once it has gone through the steps the screen will turn black. DO NOT try and turn it back on.

Connect to iTunes and click Restore. Obviously if you want to Rejailbreak you're going to need an ipsw from 4.33 downwards and click shift restore. This was the only thing that worked for me after six hours!

Good luck I feel your pain!!!

----------

Sorry, when I use redsn0w, I do not have a ipsw file. I downloaded one, and it doesn't work with it. I tried finding the ipsw file on my iPhone 4, and it isn't there. Please help me I am new and I have no idea what to do.

You have to point to the ipsw on Redsn0w that you downloaded on your computer. So when you click browse in Redsn0w you should have the ipsw on you're desktop so you can find it easily. You cannot find it on you're phone!

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
Non of these methods above work. I broke my phone earlier on today by installing Cydia on beta 7 like an ass. Here is how i got out of it.

Connect your phone via the USB and use Redsn0w. Follow the instructions and put it into Pwned dfu mode.

Once it has gone through the steps the screen will turn black. DO NOT try and turn it back on.

Connect to iTunes and click Restore. Obviously if you want to Rejailbreak you're going to need an ipsw from 4.33 downwards and click shift restore. !

We've already established he doesn't have blobs; 4.3.3 is out of the question.

Sorry, OP, but as several people have said before in this thread and your other one, your only option is to use 4.3.5. Trying to do anything else will simply waste your time, and I imagine by now you're sick to death of experimenting.

paparazzzo

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2011
Yes... you have to use 4.3.5. Dowload redsn0w_mac_0.9.8b5 (this is for mac) and iPhone3,1_4.3.4_8K2_Restore.ipsw file, and you can have tethered jailbreak iPhone now.

gngan

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld

It doesn't matter if you download one or two or three. IT WON"T WORK WITHOUT BLOBS! You got yourself into this mess because you didn't read enough.

Solution: update to the most recent firmware!

Sotmax

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2011
paparazzo yes thats right....and after that you can restore original settings via itunes and you ll be fine.
Good luck..

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
We've already established he doesn't have blobs; 4.3.3 is out of the question.

Sorry, OP, but as several people have said before in this thread and your other one, your only option is to use 4.3.5. Trying to do anything else will simply waste your time, and I imagine by now you're sick to death of experimenting.

Yes I realise now Apple are not signing 4.3.3 anymore. My mistake :eek:

winglik

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2011
If the phone is stuck in DFU mode and you aren't sure which SHSH you have backed up, you must restore the iphone to the newest firmware, and make sure your Host file doesn't contain the "74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com" if it's there, delete that line. save it and restart itunes to restore your iphone. This should bring your phone back to the newest firmware. Then you can use TinyUmbrella to check which SHSH you have backed up, and you can downgrade back to that firmware. or just use the 4.3.5 with tethered jailbreak for now.

Zedero

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
I have a 4.2.1 blob saved. What do I do with that?

----------

Before I did everything, I saved a blob for 4.2.1. I tried Sn0wbreeze ( I have windows 7) and it made a Ipsw file but I tried to restore it using that but still get the 3149 error and tried everything. I haveca blob saved for right after I turned on my phone I kind of used tiny umbrella and then I saved the blobs for 4.2.1. So there

DJBBOX

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2011
Miami, FL
use iFaith this will create a ipsw from whatever iOS you stock into, and then restore from DFU mode with it.

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
If you really have 4.2.1, use tiny umbrella's TSS server and make sure to redirect to cydia.
You can install 4.2.1 in iTunes.

Zedero

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
If you really have 4.2.1, use tiny umbrella's TSS server and make sure to redirect to cydia.
You can install 4.2.1 in iTunes.

But how? How do i install it in itunes and where is it located? The file to install it in iTunes. I don't really understand, could you explain is step by step?

Zedero

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
Wow, looks like once again the blobs didn't save. No 1.2.4 blobs are in the saved list. I guess I can't do anything now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.