Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

m4tTiA:

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2010
Hi everybody! This is my first thread in mac rumors and i have to say my problems does seem to be a big one...I got an iphone 3gs 16gb bought in USA but i'm currently living in Italy; i had it unlocked and jailbroken by a friend and everything was fine until I had the brilliant idea to upgrade my jailbreak. It seemed to have gone good until my iphone went into recovery mode. I managed to install iOS 4.3.3 (it was previously 4.0.1) but it is currently on emergency mode. Is there something I could do? I dont mind losing my data as long as my iphone will work in the future!
Thank you!!

kentishboy

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2010
Kent, UK
Try putting it into DFU Mode and then restoring again just rejailbreak it again

To do this
Plug your iphone in to itunes and open itunes
Hold the power button for 10 seconds
The screen will stay black
This may take a few attempts
OR for a better guide google "how to put and iphone into DFU Mode"

The worst thing you can do to a jailbroken iphone is to update you should always restore before updating

Last edited:

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
You screwed yourself bigtime. Now you have to decide if you really like the gps in your phone. If you want it unlocked, you're going to have to do some major hacking that'll take away the gps. If you want the unlock, search iPad baseband.

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
Hi everybody! This is my first thread in mac rumors and i have to say my problems does seem to be a big one...I got an iphone 3gs 16gb bought in USA but i'm currently living in Italy; i had it unlocked and jailbroken by a friend and everything was fine until I had the brilliant idea to upgrade my jailbreak. It seemed to have gone good until my iphone went into recovery mode. I managed to install iOS 4.3.3 (it was previously 4.0.1) but it is currently on emergency mode. Is there something I could do? I dont mind losing my data as long as my iphone will work in the future!
Thank you!!

follow the instruction on this link and you can bring your phone back to life;

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1211718/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.