Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asek94

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 7, 2011
Hello everybody.

I have my iPod Touch 4G 8GB 4.3.3.

I was having 4.2.1 firmware, but i updated it to 4.3.3. Then i didn't know, that there is no untethered jailbreak for that firmware (4.3.3).

So i tried yesterday to downgrade firmware without SHSH and it worked (i was using custom firmware made by snowbreeze, but everytime i turned off my iPod, i have to do redst0ne's "Just tether right now" or something) and was going to sleep.

Today morning i am waking up and ipod is in DFU mode, if i was right. Then i restored it many times, but it comes to DFU again. At the end i used TinyUmbrella, iREB and turned firewall off and i restored iPod Touch 4G. I saw restore bar in itunes, but nothing on iPod. When restored, iTunes showed my iPod as normal (i can upload music and videos there). When i connect iPod to PC, iPod make a sound like when it's connected (yes, iPod, not PC). But problem was - THE SCREEN WASN'T WORKING ANYMORE!!! voicecontrol - works, iTunes (when connected) - works, but screen is black. How it's possible?! iPod wasn't fallen down or else... never... i restored it and black screen everytime i restore - no apple logo, no loading bar, when restores - nothing...

SO PLEASE HELP ME... IT'S VERY IMPORTANT TO ME... ;(((

P.S. Sorry for my bad english...

P.S.S. - i tried many times restore, hard reset, exiting from DFU, but it goes there again... I thing, i tried everything i know...

And, if in short - iPod Touch screen is not working after restore, but iPod works as normal - can play music, work VoiceControl, can upload music and so... HOW THAT'S EVEN POSSIBLE!?

firmware can break display? :(((

PLEASE HELP ;(((((((((

thankyou...

merrickdrfc

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2011
Doncaster / Berlin
Try holding down the home and Lock buttons for about 30 seconds whilst the iPod is connected to iTunes to put it in restore mode? Then, download the iOS 4.X software that you want for jailbreak onto your computer (not through iTunes). When iTunes detects the iPod in restore mode, hold down Option (Mac) or Alt (Windows) and click restore, directing iTunes to the iOS software you have just downloaded, let it restore, and upon completion DO NOT use restore from backup, set it up as a new device.

asek94

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 7, 2011
Try holding down the home and Lock buttons for about 30 seconds whilst the iPod is connected to iTunes to put it in restore mode? Then, download the iOS 4.X software that you want for jailbreak onto your computer (not through iTunes). When iTunes detects the iPod in restore mode, hold down Option (Mac) or Alt (Windows) and click restore, directing iTunes to the iOS software you have just downloaded, let it restore, and upon completion DO NOT use restore from backup, set it up as a new device.

it doesn't helped...
i said- i restored many times to 4.3.3, 4.3.2, 4.3 etc firmwares...
NOTHING!
i don't even understand - when i restored, how display brokes? maybe not broken, maybe glitch or virus, but it just show nothing... like it's turned off...

merrickdrfc

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2011
Doncaster / Berlin
it doesn't helped...
i said- i restored many times to 4.3.3, 4.3.2, 4.3 etc firmwares...
NOTHING!
i don't even understand - when i restored, how display brokes? maybe not broken, maybe glitch or virus, but it just show nothing... like it's turned off...

Sound's like a faulty unit then, if you've restored to different firmwares and its still doing the same thing. Take it to Apple and have a genius look at it ?

asek94

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 7, 2011
Sound's like a faulty unit then, if you've restored to different firmwares and its still doing the same thing. Take it to Apple and have a genius look at it ?

1st - it's free to take to Genius? And without warranty?
2st - i don't have warranty of this...
3st - i don't know where in Latvia is Apple... Maybe it's iDeal...

AWallen90

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2009
can't... i said - i have no warranty.

How do you not have a warranty? Every iPod gets a year since it is less than a year old it has one. Unless you are saying jailbreaking the iPod voided your warranty. Just restore to factory default.

jons.

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2010
I'm going to answer this guy in his native language, don't mind me. ;)

Tātad, ekrāns vispār neko nerāda? Pilnīgi melns?
Ja gribi nest uz garantiju, tad labāk pārliec tīru firmwāri, neko modotu vai neorģinālu.

Pamēģini piespiest ekrānu. Gan stūros, gan virsū. Protams, ne pārāk stipri. ;)
Ja gribi vairāk info vai konsultāciju uzraksti kaut savu skype niku, vai citu veidu, kā ar tevi sakontaktēties. ;)

asek94

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 7, 2011
I'm going to answer this guy in his native language, don't mind me. ;)

Tātad, ekrāns vispār neko nerāda? Pilnīgi melns?
Ja gribi nest uz garantiju, tad labāk pārliec tīru firmwāri, neko modotu vai neorģinālu.

Pamēģini piespiest ekrānu. Gan stūros, gan virsū. Protams, ne pārāk stipri. ;)
Ja gribi vairāk info vai konsultāciju uzraksti kaut savu skype niku, vai citu veidu, kā ar tevi sakontaktēties. ;)

xkadekx

sagarsamtani

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2011
Black screen

I have word by word exactly same problem like asek..
Stuck in dfu mode.. Boot tethered with redsnow fine , voice control works.. But cant see anything but a black screen..
I tried everything like ireb.. Tinyumbrella.. Fix recovery.. Recboot.. Restore with ios 4.3.3 and also tried custom
Firmware 4.3.3 .. Nothing works..
I have not tried latest official ios 4.3.5 ..
What should i do guys.. Plz help me
Asek how did u solve the problem? Can u describe?

bora

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2011
black screen

Yes ! pls help us, i am having this problem as well on my ipod touch 4, it worked when reboot tether with redsn0w...but the screen still dark

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.