Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scott549

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 24, 2010
I've got a 4th generation iPod Touch. I had a problem with no music showing up on the library. One of the suggested fixes I found was to change the language settings to a different language, and then back to English. I did that. I changed the language to French and then back to English. But now some of the apps, including e-mail, still display in French. I've got the language set to English but (1) when I swipe to the right from the main screen to get the search screen, the space bar is labeled "espace" and the return key is called "Rechercher." In mail, I also have an "espace" key and a "retour" key. Any idea how to get these back to English?

----------

Update -- I tried changing the language to German and back to English. The keyboards are still in French (with both the German and English settings).

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
You can set keyboards independently of the system language. I don't use iOS anymore so I can't give step-by-step instructions but look around the settings for the keyboard options and turn off the French one.

Scott549

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 24, 2010
Thanks - that did it. In the keyboard settings it showed English, French and German. Strange that the overall language setting did not change the keyboard from French, but I deleted the French and German keyboards and now it's back to English.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.