Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stoferr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2011
Hi, for some reason a dark permanent spot has occurred in my iPhone 4 camera and all the pictures i take with it.

Let me show 2 screenshots:

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o88/stoferr/IMG_0154.png
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o88/stoferr/IMG_0155.png

As you can see, theres a small dark spot in the lower left corner, it really bugs me!

Now I would like to know if it is hardware related or software related? Might it be a defective camera? I first thought it was due to a small scratch on the camera lens, but when doing a bit of search, lots of people have scratches on their lenses without messing up the picture quality. So might it be a software related issue after alle, and does anyone know of a solution?

Thank you very much! :)

Last edited:

Kyotoma

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2010
Carnegie and Ontario
Hi, for some reason a dark permanent spot has occurred in my iPhone 4 camera and all the pictures i take with it.

Let me show 2 screenshots:

As you can see, theres a small dark spot in the lower left corner, it really bugs me!

Now I would like to know if it is hardware related or software related? Might it be a defective camera? I first thought it was due to a small scratch on the camera lens, but when doing a bit of search, lots of people have scratches on their lenses without messing up the picture quality. So might it be a software related issue after alle, and does anyone know of a solution?

Thank you very much! :)

You forgot to attach the images.

Stoferr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; da-dk) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Are there really no one who have seen this error before?

jekyoo

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2007
Chicago
Just go to Apple, they'll easily give you a replacement. I've gotten replacements for more minor issues.

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
My camera did this after dropping my phone on the sidewalk. Swapping the camera module fixed it - it's a hardware issue with the camera.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.