Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zwodubber

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2011
PA
finished pics

photo1-67.jpg

IMG_1927.jpg

IMG_1929.jpg

IMG_1930.jpg

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
A pic of my Nerd Cave, taken a few months ago. More Stuff™ has been added since then.

[url=http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5105/5759460865_4b2f4050da_z.jpg]Image[/url]

The plan is to make this room look like the inside of my brain. Scary, huh? :D

I also have other walls. :D I'll post a full update next month when the room is "finished".

I must know where you found the Dr. Who models - the Cyberman head and mini Dalek especially. I've been hunting for one of each for AEONS. And the Martian.

The whole setup is awesome, but those are really cool.

Thank you :)

Face Ache

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2011
Oz
I must know where you found the Dr. Who models - the Cyberman head and mini Dalek especially. I've been hunting for one of each for AEONS. And the Martian.

The whole setup is awesome, but those are really cool.

Thank you :)
Heh, cheers. The 12" Dalek is a regular toy, by Product Enterprise I think. You can find them on eBay. Same with the Martian - I think it's by Hot Toys.

The Cyberman head is by the Doctor Who prop makers and you'll have a bugger of a time finding one. But good luck! :D

Yesterday I made myself a "Goodies" door.*

goodiesdoor.jpg

*Won't mean anything to you unless you're British and over 35. ;):D

leitmotif

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2011
It's not much. This is pic was from right after we moved in. We now have couches, tables and a bookshelf with DVD's. It was important to get the TV and stereo up and running first!

photo7-1.jpg

Just a 55" Toshiba LED TV, Samsung Blu Ray,Tannoy SFX 5.1 with Onkyo receiver and sub.

I also have this but haven't found the right spot for it:
96ebc435.jpg

Lastly, I must take a moment to pay tribute to my dearly departed beer fridge. You lasted a good 6 months.
photo2-1.jpg

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
Heh, cheers. The 12" Dalek is a regular toy, by Product Enterprise I think. You can find them on eBay. Same with the Martian - I think it's by Hot Toys.

The Cyberman head is by the Doctor Who prop makers and you'll have a bugger of a time finding one. But good luck! :D

Yesterday I made myself a "Goodies" door.*

*Won't mean anything to you unless you're British and over 35. ;):D

At least I can knock a couple items off my "Must own before I die" list.

...er, d'you mind if I rent out that room to live in? :D

snowydog

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2011
the tv and the view is all I need along with ipad of course

You live on Roosevelt Island - how awesome - I didn't know there were houses etc there....how cool (I'm from the UK btw and hope to move to NYC with work someday)

Uofmtiger

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2010
Memphis
This is what I would consider my man cave since no one else ever uses the room. The top and side monitors both receive an HDMI signal from my main system, so they are able to receive a signal from the PS3, Roku, AppleTV, etc.. that I have in that room because they share a wall.

The pic shows a Denon receiver, but it just stopped working, so I bought one of the inexpensive Sony receivers that has HDMI. The headphone (DacMagic, Heed CanAmp, AKG k701) setup gets more use than the speakers.

6147744792_5c49605045_b.jpg

The brown chair is temporary, but not sure what will be put back there permanently at this point. I also use the space to run on a treadmill that folds up into the closet.

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
How is this thread dead? Where's are all the man cave photos!

I need help with mine, need ideas!

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I'm sorry, I can't allow you to look inside.

It's too MANLY, and could be dangerous to unmanly men...not to mention women.

Attachments

• Man Cave.png
    Man Cave.png
    700.9 KB · Views: 282
Reactions: -BigMac-
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.