Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrD1sturbed

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 13, 2005
So I'm in the market for a new chair for my office and I want to see what some of my fellow MR members are sitting in. I've currently got a mesh back chair from Staples, but I'm looking at a couple from Humanscale (Freedom), Herman Miller (Embody) and Lifeform. So let's see everyone's comfy office chairs.

s0334796_sc7

rdowty

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2008
Same here!

I like it a lot, but I'd love to have an Embody though..

Used to have one at work. Switched jobs and bought one for home. So much better than the chair at work. Got a new one with posture fit for $420 off eBay.

Farns514

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2008
Chicago
Company i work for has a national contract with Herman Miller so they have a bunch of the Herman Miller Embody chairs just like the one pictured below at our office in Chicago.

Just wish i could work out of that office now….

embody.jpg

Reactions: notsitting

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
for those that have the aeron chair which is better the lumber support or the posturefit? Also what fabric do you have and how is it holding up?

Face Ache

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2011
Oz
FnFv1.jpg

Old el-cheapo Officeworks chair. No foam left in the seat, so I'm effectively sitting on a board (and a couple of bolt heads). Hole in the arm, hence the tape. Zero lumbar support.

I'm due for a new chair. My butt demands it! Looking at a barber's chair. It won't roll around, but this one doesn't really roll on the carpet either.

avro707

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2010
I used to have some special looking task-chair from a retailer called Matt Blatt. (kind of like those Aeron ones seen above).

I found it extremely uncomfortable, and others used by people nearby had the legs of the chairs break on numerous occasions (cheap plastic arms). I found a high-backed traditional style task-chair with a standard cushioned back and grabbed that. It was just sitting around not being used - so it's now mine.

And I'm so much happier with it. :) Much better considering I'll spend most of my time at work sitting at the desk. It's a bit like this one:

http://www.luxeoffice.com/office-chairs/fabric-high-back-ergonomic-task-chair-with-arms.html

But it's without the armrests which is no great shame, as I hate them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.