Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

John Doe 57

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
When I try to get on the internet, Safari and Firefox won't load any pages. This is occurring on 2 Macs that are connected to my home wireless internet. Airport and Network prefs say that there are no disconnections anywhere. I've reset Airport back to its factory settings. I've deleted my cache.

The only way I've been able to get on the internet, is by directly plugging the ethernet cable into my computer.

Is this more of a 'call your cable/internet provider for a fix' or can this be fixed easily? Thanks.

OS X 10.6.8 MacBook Pro, Safari 5.0.3
OS X 10.5.8 iMac, Safari 5.0.3

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
First open System Preferences->Network pane and remember the IPs for your Mac and for the router! You will need to remember these IPs to proceed.

Then open /Applications/Utilities/Network Utility and in that program click on the 'Ping' mini tab. Then put in your router IP and see if you can ping it.

If you can put the router IP into your Address bard in you browser and log into your wireless router. See if that router is connecting to your ISP modem.

John Doe 57

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Well after all that, I let Airpot sit turned off for 24 hours and it seems that everything has returned to normal. Wireless internet has returned. :confused:

Thanks satcomer for the help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.