Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danmc00

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2009
Sorry, but I am relatively new to Mac. I just recently upgraded to an Apple Airport Extreme and now every time that I wake my computer up, it asks me to join a network. It never did that before. Is there a way for it to automatically link to my wifi network automatically?

I have also noticed that since my Lion upgrade that it takes my computer a lot longer to wake when I touch keyboard.

Thanks for the help

fullojellybeans

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2010
Check the security settings and network settings in system preferences. I believe there's a section in there for "ask for password to connect/change networks"

Sc00tr

macrumors regular
May 28, 2011
open the network preferences & click advanced.
Preferred Networks is all the networks that it remembers and will connect to automatically.
You can also check Remember Networks that this computer has joined.

danmc00

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2009
Is this just happening on a few people or is it widespread?
Every time I wake my computer it tells me that none of my preferred networks can be found yet my network that I set up is in the list of choices. This gets very annoying!!!

wpotere

Oct 7, 2010
Is this just happening on a few people or is it widespread?
Every time I wake my computer it tells me that none of my preferred networks can be found yet my network that I set up is in the list of choices. This gets very annoying!!!

It is pretty widespread actually. I would think that Apple is going to get this fixed shortly, at least I hope so....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.