Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hecxs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
I hear a reminder alarm on my iPhone and all of a sudden I look at it and the screen is zoomed in... EVERYTHING is literally zoomed in...even the apps, the games, every single screen. I have to hold my finger down to literally scroll down even to enter the user password to use my iPhone... I have to scroll down even to use the apps!

What the hell is going on?!:eek:

I tried turning it off, syncing with the laptop, hard reset...nothing works. My iPhone is not unlocked nor jailbroken BTW.

Please help.

nanonash

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2009
Yes thanks mate, I've had the same problem..

>Just tripple tap with three fingers and it will fix

This combination is really not obvious.. Bad design apple...

Merlin404

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2010
Zoom Mode

Tap screen twice with 3 fingers, this will take it out of zoom mode.
Zoom can be turned off in universal access when connected to iTunes.

jrraines

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2009
This accidentally happened to me this morning. I knew it was an accessiblity mode problem, but at least some of the time I couldn't even scroll the screen to slide the power on slider to the right to get started and when I did get into the phone, I couldn't scroll far enough down the settings window to select the accessibility pane. I was really pleased to find this tip!!

The 3 finger thing works, but accessibility mode itself is broken if you can't select buttons on the edges of the screen when the magnification mode is operational.

Edgestr

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2011
Thank you!

Thanks so much. I accidently put my iPhone4 in zoom and thought I broke it, still new to the iPhone/iPod touch. I found this forum on Google and it helped so much I decided to make an account just to thank you guys.

tnkrbell1621

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2011
Zoom mode

I'm new to iPhone and I thought my phone broke when it all of a sudden went into zoom mode! This forum helped so much I decided to register! I had an android for the longest time finally gave into the iPhone I'm lovin the phone and the support u can find on it in forums and the apple stores!

suzcope

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2011
You ROCK!

Thank you for keeping this post around. I come straight here with any troubles and you just saved the day for me and my zoomed in phone! THANK YOU

CarolinChicago

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2013
Thanks to all

Two years later and iOS 6 and still baffled the heck out of me when my phone became useless for "no reason." Had to wait until I got home to get online and find this answer. I have turned off the zoom function via iTunes. There is no way I am going to remember about the tapping when it happens again.

So yes, bad design, Apple :mad:.

Yes thanks mate, I've had the same problem..

>Just tripple tap with three fingers and it will fix

This combination is really not obvious.. Bad design apple...

DebBrady

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2014
3 taps a charm

Thank you, thank you, thank you
This has been a pain in the ---
For so long and tonight I could not get phone to reset.
You made my day with this info:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.