Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boneca

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Boston, MA
I got iSkin evo2 protector today for mine 30GB iPod Photo, well I'm disappointed not in a quality but in looks.
Maybe I had to get blue or clear one but I got grey (carbon). The beautiful iPod become something ugly and I took it off that iSkin right away. I guess its back to leather case for now.
I also was mistaken this model with other brand where you can pull out the bottom part to use with dock.

too bad
still looking
return will be expensive as it was shipped from Canada

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
Before you return it, answer me this: Is this the model that will fit the 60 GB iPod Photo? If so, I'd like (perhaps) to buy it from you. Let me know if it'll fit a 60.

boneca

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Boston, MA
clayjohanson said:
Before you return it, answer me this: Is this the model that will fit the 60 GB iPod Photo? If so, I'd like (perhaps) to buy it from you. Let me know if it'll fit a 60.

I don't think this will fit 60GB model. Those are listed as Type B on they web site oposite to Type A for 20GB (30GB in my case)

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
boneca said:
I don't think this will fit 60GB model. Those are listed as Type B on they web site oposite to Type A for 20GB (30GB in my case)
Yeah, I would need a Type B... bummer. Sorry... I've been thinking of ordering a Carbon iSkin, as the Arctic one I have is nice but I think Carbon would hide pocket lint and dust better.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
this isn't good because i was thinking of getting an iskin in the carbon color, i guess its boring white ;) I like it because i can still use the itrip and controlls and protect the ipod at the same time. I want it because i put my ipod in the ash tray in my car and its will get scuffed up.
Back to square one...

zyuzin4

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2002
Eugene, OR
puckhead193 said:
this isn't good because i was thinking of getting an iskin in the carbon color, i guess its boring white ;) I like it because i can still use the itrip and controlls and protect the ipod at the same time. I want it because i put my ipod in the ash tray in my car and its will get scuffed up.
Back to square one...

hey i put my skinned ipod in my ash tray too. Now that I got the photo ipod though, I have to use the dock while in my car

_pb_boi

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2004
redAPPLE said:
boneca said:
I also was mistaken this model with other brand where you can pull out the bottom part to use with dock.

QUOTE]

u would have to get the "skin tight" from speck (speckproducts.com).

That's the skin I have; I think it suits the iPod well,. It doesn't cover the screen, but sure - I just adapt PDA screen protectors to fit. Those, with a Speck skin, mean the iPod is mint condition after a lot of use. Only thing is, the material can get annoying, becaz it sorta sticks when you try and put it in your jean pocket!

andy.

boneca

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Boston, MA
Cuckoo said:
I have to agree with the author... I too bought an iskin and was very disappointed with it. Although it did what it supposed to do, it totally killed the looks of the iPod....

did u return that iSkin? I'm just wondering how much this will be. They have no option for return on they web site only to send them email. I guess this is what I'm gonna do.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Cuckoo said:
I have to agree with the author... I too bought an iskin and was very disappointed with it. Although it did what it supposed to do, it totally killed the looks of the iPod....
Really, though, and skin or case protector is going to "hide" the iPod somewhat, taking away from the clean lines of the device. But with the iSkin, at least for me, it provides great protection (even the hard plastic screen protector, which is awesome) and looks reasonably nice as well.

I think it's hard to get a good skin/case that shows off the iPod - otherwise it's not doing its job, in my opinion. This isn't to say there aren't cases that look nice...

Cuckoo

macrumors 6502
May 2, 2003
The Netherlands - Utrecht
emw said:
Really, though, and skin or case protector is going to "hide" the iPod somewhat, taking away from the clean lines of the device. But with the iSkin, at least for me, it provides great protection (even the hard plastic screen protector, which is awesome) and looks reasonably nice as well.

I think it's hard to get a good skin/case that shows off the iPod - otherwise it's not doing its job, in my opinion. This isn't to say there aren't cases that look nice...

I think we agree on the same. I decided, i'd rather see my iPod and replace it every 2-3 years than hide it and keep it minty.... It's a matter of personal opinion.

boneca

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Boston, MA
Cuckoo said:
I think we agree on the same. I decided, i'd rather see my iPod and replace it every 2-3 years than hide it and keep it minty.... It's a matter of personal opinion.

I agree with this statement. Wouldn't be nice to have beautiful protector so you don't need to change it every 2-3 years, but probably you'll change it anyway even if it's in perfect shape.
maybe 150-200GB Color iPod :)

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
whats the difference between iskin evo and the iskin eXo 2 :confused: I want it for my 3G 30 gig ipod. Also what color do u like i was thinking of carbon or black or just keeping the white theme. i wish the blue was darker ....

edit - never mind, i found my answer.... :eek: What color do u like, i can't decide...

apple_iBoy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2003
Philadelphia, PA
clayjohanson said:
Yeah, I would need a Type B... bummer. Sorry... I've been thinking of ordering a Carbon iSkin, as the Arctic one I have is nice but I think Carbon would hide pocket lint and dust better.

Just so you know, Carbon iSkins don't hide dust and lint at ALL... if anything, it accentuates it! It's just like when you drive a car on a salted road... black cars always end up really looking like crap!

blackpeter

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2001
emw said:
...with the iSkin, at least for me, it provides great protection (even the hard plastic screen protector, which is awesome) and looks reasonably nice as well.

Agreed.

You got the wrong color if you wanted your iPod to look like an iPod. Mine's white, and I find that it looks more like the actual iPod than any other case (just a little thcker).

Also, I like how iSkin builds vents into the case to accommodate for the extra heat produced while syncing or in disk mode. Other cases have to be removed. They even put feet on the bottom side (like an iBook/PowerBook). And being all rubber, it grips to most surfaces. And cleaning an iSkin requires little more than some soapy warm water.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.