Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

purplekush604

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Was thinking of buying a macbook pro with and i5 processor. Just wondering if i should wait, as apple is holding a press confrence in october for new iphone, hoping something new will
Be out?

Thanks in advance

Amerabian

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2011
If you want the best performance MBP..

If you want the slickest MBP..

Wait until the last year of your life when you think you'll die and buy an MBP.

You'll never get to see the next one, so you'll have THE MOST AWESOME MBP EVER CREATED IN THE UNIVERSE!

:p

purplekush604

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Sorry i never checked the buyers guide. I need a laptop before end of november i just thought maybe they might be releasing something new with iphone 4

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
My recommendation is wait.

I disagree with others about MBP is not getting upgrade anytime soon. If you don't need it, I would wait for few months. MBP will be updated sooner than later.

Last update was February. It has been over 7 months. Apple usually updates MBP every 8-10 months. There is a strong chance that MBP will be updated by end of October.

Expect faster CPU
Better GPU

These are minor updates, but current models will also see the price drop.

EmbraceNext

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2007
There are strong rumors that there will be a slight bump in CPU this week. I am waiting till friday, if nothing happens then i am getting mine. Maybe you should do the same. Ivy bridge will not be out until late 1h next year so you would wait 8 months for that.

PeppWaves03

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2008
This is exactly what I am doing

There are strong rumors that there will be a slight bump in CPU this week. I am waiting till friday, if nothing happens then i am getting mine. Maybe you should do the same. Ivy bridge will not be out until late 1h next year so you would wait 8 months for that.

I think this is the best idea and at least for me, this is what I am doing. You still get two weeks of a retune policy so your safe. If something new comes out, return or call up apple for a better price or wherever you based from.

PeppWaves03

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2008
14 change in price policy

I think this is the best idea and at least for me, this is what I am doing. You still get two weeks of a retune policy so your safe. If something new comes out, return or call up apple for a better price or wherever you based from.

So in doing more research I found this little gem:

Should Apple reduce its price on any shipped product within 14 calendar days of shipment, you may contact Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775 to request a refund or credit of the difference between the price you were charged and the current selling price. To receive the refund or credit you must contact Apple within 14 calendar days of the price change.

I am going to count 14 days out which should be now and order my laptop :)

ScottNWDW

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Orlando, Florida
When it comes to technology if you wait until the next upgrade or the next best thing you will never buy anything. The MacBook Pro or whatever laptop you buy this week may be obsolete next week or next month.

If you listen to all the rumors as to when Apple will upgrade the MacBook, well you will probably never buy a MacBook because there is always the new one a few months away.

If you need a computer now, then buy it now. When the new ones come out and you really feel you have to have whatever bells and whistles they aded sell what you have now and get the new one, but keep in mind that in a few more months another one with even better bells and whistles will be out, but wait theres more .....a few months after that there will be another then another and so on and so on and so on.

The soundest advice with technology products is simply if you need it now, buy it now. If not, then wait a few months. It's really not that hard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.