Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hissynz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2011
Last week I dropped my Iphone 4 in a pot of water, I grabbed it out instantly and tried turning it off. It kept rebooting itself and saying this device is not optimized for this iphone.

Anyway I left it in the hot water cupboard for a week in a bag of rice. It now works fine! I can't see if the red indicators have gone off in the headphone jack or docking port. I'm pretty sure they have ont been triggered.

So is my iPhone going to work fine from now on or is it going to be faulty?

magicpinkdrink

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2010
Michigan
You have no idea how much hope you just gave me! My iPhone got knocked into the toilet on Sunday, and is now sitting in a dish of rice... Maybe I will be lucky like you, and after it does it's time in the rice prison, it will be fine.

mwhities

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2011
Mississippi
Semi-unrelated... but, my nephew has a Galaxy S phone and he jumped into the pool and swam from one side to the other. He then wadded around for another few minutes before he realized his phone was still in his pocket. He jumped out and turned it off.

He shook it as much as he could to get more water out then stuck it in a coffee can with rice for three days. He took it out and turned it on.... it ran just like it did before he jumped in the pool. He also mentioned that the water sensors also turned back to white... Not sure how true it is but, I did see the phone get wet.

So hopefully it will work flawlessly for you too as well. Post up and let us know in the next week or so.

hissynz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2011
You have no idea how much hope you just gave me! My iPhone got knocked into the toilet on Sunday, and is now sitting in a dish of rice... Maybe I will be lucky like you, and after it does it's time in the rice prison, it will be fine.

Definetly leave it in the rice prison in the hit water cupboard for a week to fully dry out. I gave my iPhone it's first charge since being dunked in water last night and today it's been absolutely fine.

Good luck to you

----------

Semi-unrelated... but, my nephew has a Galaxy S phone and he jumped into the pool and swam from one side to the other. He then wadded around for another few minutes before he realized his phone was still in his pocket. He jumped out and turned it off.

He shook it as much as he could to get more water out then stuck it in a coffee can with rice for three days. He took it out and turned it on.... it ran just like it did before he jumped in the pool. He also mentioned that the water sensors also turned back to white... Not sure how true it is but, I did see the phone get wet.

So hopefully it will work flawlessly for you too as well. Post up and let us know in the next week or so.

Thanks I'll keep you posted

samsamir

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2011
iphone display

Hi,

Wondering if anyone could help/suggest me..
I was pushed in the pool. i knew i had iphone4 in my pocket so i got out immediately. it was switched off and i put it in the sun (in italy) and also used hair drier to dry it up. Now the phone is behaving strangely.

The problem is, all the functions are good but during night i can't see the display. when i enter my pin it makes that sound and the screen goes blank/dark. the phone is functioning but it doesn't show on the display. the strange thing is if i expose the phone to the light when the screen is blank it starts to display slowly. during day the phone is good.

Any help???????

mwhities

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2011
Mississippi
Hi,

Wondering if anyone could help/suggest me..
I was pushed in the pool. i knew i had iphone4 in my pocket so i got out immediately. it was switched off and i put it in the sun (in italy) and also used hair drier to dry it up. Now the phone is behaving strangely.

The problem is, all the functions are good but during night i can't see the display. when i enter my pin it makes that sound and the screen goes blank/dark. the phone is functioning but it doesn't show on the display. the strange thing is if i expose the phone to the light when the screen is blank it starts to display slowly. during day the phone is good.

Any help???????

Sounds like it fried when it hit the water or you didn't allow it to dry long enough before switching it back on. If it's only been a day or so, try shutting it back off and putting it into a box/can/bag of dried rice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.