Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
Just had to swap out my iMac for a new one yesterday and after activating my iTunes downloaded all my previously owned video; music, and apps.

The only bummer is I plug in my iPhone (original iPhone 2G) and now it states it is synced with another iTunes library and do I want to erase and sync with this new one? If I do this then I'll loose my jailbreak.

I know I can simply re-jail break but what a hassle getting everything back to what it is now.
Is there a workaround for this dilemma?

apmorency

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2010
Just had to swap out my iMac for a new one yesterday and after activating my iTunes downloaded all my previously owned video; music, and apps.

The only bummer is I plug in my iPhone (original iPhone 2G) and now it states it is synced with another iTunes library and do I want to erase and sync with this new one? If I do this then I'll loose my jailbreak.

I know I can simply re-jail break but what a hassle getting everything back to what it is now.
Is there a workaround for this dilemma?

You wont loose your jailbreak. It's going to replace the music, apps and info currently on the phone with what's in the itunes library.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.