Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

albrekht

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2011
Hi.
I have permanently disabled iPhone 4. it is my wife`s phone who passed away.
i need to get photos and videos from the phone. The original computer which i synced it with doesn't help.
I have 2 computer and don't remember which one was that i synced it with,on one of them i had hard drive which crashed so i installed new one, so basically when i am connecting to iTunes on both computer it says "enter your pass code before connecting to iTunes" but on the phone there is no keypad to enter pass code, it says only "iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes"

So far nothing works.

1. I tried iFaith to dump SHSH blobs, but later found out that building IPSW is only for restoring, that it will not retrieve my data.

2. I tried iPhone Browser but it doesn't see my device

3. i did not try this yet, not sure how to do this
" http://modmyi.com/forums/file-mods/237321-how-iphone-data-recovery.html "

any suggestion, is there any body who have gotten data back from disabled iPhone?
please help me, i will really appreciate it

Albert.

ca91344@gmail.com

Last edited:

albrekht

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2011
I can not, but there should be somebody or any company who do that, who retrieve data from iPhone like they do retrieve data from hard drives or flash memories. i googled for data retrieval companies, but so far could not find anybody who retrieves data from iPhone.

albrekht

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2011
apple has a ******** costumer service, the dont do anything to help me, just suggesting to find 3-rd party who does recovery

davariable

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2007
Hi.
I have permanently disabled iPhone 4. it is my wife`s phone who passed away.
i need to get photos and videos from the phone. The original computer which i synced it with doesn't help.
I have 2 computer and don't remember which one was that i synced it with,on one of them i had hard drive which crashed so i installed new one, so basically when i am connecting to iTunes on both computer it says "enter your pass code before connecting to iTunes" but on the phone there is no keypad to enter pass code, it says only "iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes"

So far nothing works.

1. I tried iFaith to dump SHSH blobs, but later found out that building IPSW is only for restoring, that it will not retrieve my data.

2. I tried iPhone Browser but it doesn't see my device

3. i did not try this yet, not sure how to do this
http://www.modmyi.com/forums/file-mo...-recovery.html

any suggestion, is there any body who have gotten data back from disabled iPhone?
i will pay if anybody can do that for me , please help me, i will really appreciate it

Albert.

ca91344@gmail.com

Have you tried getting the pictures by plugging in your phone and opening Image Capture? You might be able to get them there. Otherwise, I would try using PhoneView. It's usually pretty good.

Hope that helps, and sorry for your loss.

spikefood

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2008
apple has a ******** costumer service, the dont do anything to help me, just suggesting to find 3-rd party who does recovery

I would think Apple could do something if it was in reality, your wife's phone. However, given your attitude, I'm starting to question your story. For starters, why would the phone have ever been disabled in the first place?

albrekht

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2011
I would think Apple could do something if it was in reality, your wife's phone. However, given your attitude, I'm starting to question your story. For starters, why would the phone have ever been disabled in the first place?

because it was hit and run case and all staff from purse was in police hands, some idiot officer was trying to figure pass code.

instead of asking stupid questions and doing useless investigation you better stay away from this thread.

spikefood

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2008
because it was hit and run case and all staff from purse was in police hands, some idiot officer was trying to figure pass code.

instead of asking stupid questions and doing useless investigation you better stay away from this thread.

Well assuming your story is correct, which I'm sure it could be. It seems it was disabled since you had the "erase all data after 10 failed attempts" turned on. So even if you could reactivate the phone it would have no data on it. It's all wiped.

And in no way am I trying to insult you or your wife, just this is the internet and it's often hard to tell the truth or not.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
Sorry for your loss. I'd think a local computer repair shop would know how to help you and if not at least send you in the right direction.

albrekht

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2011
i am pretty sure that option was off, because my wife did not know about iPhone that much to go and change something in settings.

but even though if it was on , there should be solution something like for HDD.
like we all know that you can retrieve erased or damaged data from hard drives or flash drives,etc...

I have contacted so many places but nobody has an experience retrieving data from iPhone. i just cant find right person. i hope somebody could direct me to the right place.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.