Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Here are some screenshots we received about possible Facebook integration into iOS 5.

Such a feature has not been announced, and we were unable to confirm the screens. Apple has provided Twitter integration into iOS 5 and included a framework to allow them to extend it to account integrations. So, Facebook integration as a system level feature would not be a stretch. These screens closely resemble those of Twitter's integration and could easily be mocked up:

facebook.jpg

Ultimately, Apple's decision to integrate Facebook into iOS seems to rest negotiations between the two companies. Apple had closely integrated Facebook into their Ping social service, but the feature was pulled at the last second due to "onerous terms" that Apple could not agree to at the time. Since then, Facebook may be feeling more pressure with the early growth of Google's own social network, Google Plus.

Article Link: Screenshots of Facebook Integration into iOS 5?

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Photo sharing and tagging?

Some kind of photo stream like feature but utilizing Facebook instead of iCloud?

Autoface detection in iOS 5 like in Mac OS Lion?

Caharin

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2010
Awesome! Now I can send all my private information to Steve and Mark simultaneously. What a time saver! :D

Adey

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2008
If that screen shot is genuine, then someone at Apple can't spell "addresses" and I find that a little hard to believe!

Fake!

frunkis54

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2009
i like the add account option. its against Facebook terms to have more than one account. :)

Macopotamus

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2010
Typos in the screenshot, the buttons are misaligned, come on. Worst Photoshop job ever.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
If that screen shot is genuine, then someone at Apple can't spell "addresses" and I find that a little hard to believe!

Fake!
The strange thing is, under the Twitter settings in iOS 5 beta 7 it's says exactly the same thing but "addresses" is spelled correctly so they didn't just take a screenshot of it.

photo2xd.png

Also, the keyboard is different than the Twitter one.

photo1bz.png

Last edited:

Stiksi

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2007
I really hope this does not happen. I already uninstalled the Facebook app because it uploaded my Address Book into Facebook's servers without even notifying me.

I don't need spyware to be integrated into the OS.

FloMo

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2011
French Fake

It's a French fake.

Why?
Because, in French, "addresses" is spelled "adresses". And here, there's a mistake.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
I really hope this does not happen. I already uninstalled the Facebook app because it uploaded my Address Book into Facebook's servers without even notifying me.

I don't need spyware to be integrated into the OS.

It would be an optional install....

Stiksi

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2007
It would be an optional install....

I know it would be an "optional" install but you can bet it will nag and nag and nag if you don't install it. Right now, it's on the app level and it's easy to opt out. OS level things are always expected to be installed so if you opt out, some things will not work as well.

Edit: Yay, fake. Sadly not improbable.

----------

It's a French fake.

Why?
Because, in French, "addresses" is spelled "adresses". And here, there's a mistake.

French and a ton of other languages.

frumpsnake

macrumors member
Dec 30, 2008
Apparently clicking "Update Status" causes the Wifi logo to slide over towards the middle of the screen. :rolleyes:

RazorSharp69

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2011
Aussie
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Facebooks everywhere! What if you dont like the crap anymore there better be a disable button.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.