Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macsmurf

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2007
Finally! I've been waiting years for this. It's actually not that expensive relative to other rental shops in Denmark. I haven't rented a movie in years because there were no digital rental services available. The movie right holders have been dragging their feet for a decade.

Now all I need is TV shows, but that'll probably take another 5 years.

MrFusion

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2005
West-Europe
What other movies are available except for the two mentioned in the article?

There are 235 other movies. On the bottom of the itunes store, you'll find a set of links. In the recommended column, click browsing and then select films. Select all subcategories to get a tally.

SicMX

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2009
There are 235 other movies. On the bottom of the itunes store, you'll find a set of links. In the recommended column, click browsing and then select films. Select all subcategories to get a tally.

Cheers! Gotta try renting one today.

Skoopman

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2011
According to idevice.ro you have to accept new terms if you download a app in the app store. I think that's pretty much an indication, that Romania will be one of the countries with the iTunes movie content in it's store.

jarmosiim

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2011
Also in Estonia...

They've also updated the Terms of Use in Estonia and for the first time I see the option to buy books in iBooks, before only free books were available. So, I guess it's changing here too!

maxfromdenmark

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2011
Copenhagen
too expensive for renting a movie!

to expensive for rent a movie in Denmark but whatever. I've noticed something else. My iTunes took some songs of Suede from previously bought album and now I can see they are AGAIN encrypted ACC audio files...
What's up? :eek:

tufinhas

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
iBookstore available in Portugal! Now we can see paid books

Unfortunately only a few, and in english. No portuguese publishers. Which is not surprising.

And still no movies of any kind here in Portugal, which is also not surprising.

Congratulations everyone else!
T

Last edited:

JTToft

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2010
Aarhus, Denmark
to expensive for rent a movie in Denmark but whatever.

- I agree that it is rather expensive, but so are all the other streaming services in Denmark. The prices on the iTunes Movie Store are the same as on Zentropa On Demand and YouSee. Voddler is slightly cheaper.

The weirdest thing is this message when viewing a film: "Also available in HD on iPad and Apple TV". Why the hell isn't it available in HD on my computer!?

iDarran

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/9A5313e)

Paid iBooks are now available in Ireland

Stiksi

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/9A5313e)

Paid iBooks are now available in Ireland

Finland has them too, for all it's worth. I'm seeing prices that are double the book store prices. 70 € for the last Harry Potter, my arse! (I have read it – not too good - it was the one book I was certain they would carry)

accessoriesguy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2011
Apple should really take advantage right now that Netflix has finally began to falter, it's a prime time for competition to finally get a jab at it.

If they are smart they can snare a whole lot more as netflix is slated to lose Stars early next year, people will be looking for another place to give them that much needed fix!

BillyBobBongo

macrumors 68030
Jun 21, 2007
On The Interweb Thingy!
A 'Films' section turned up in my iTunes store this morning along with some carousel ads.

Attachments

• films_dutch_itunes_store.jpg
    films_dutch_itunes_store.jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 84
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.