Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yeah Man

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2010
Based of the complete crap shoot the iPad 2's release was, do you think it will be similar with the next iPhone? I think getting the iPad 2 was plenty annoying. Thoughts?

Karr271

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2011
it's definitely going to be difficult unless you get in line before the store opens and actually have a good spot in line.

ap3604

macrumors 68000
Jan 11, 2011
Why not just pre-order? :confused:

Plenty of iPhone 4 pre-orders were delivered the day before the actual release date...

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
Chances are it is going to be a massive crap shoot if you will get one. Apple has made a lot of extra pent up demand delaying the iPhone 3 months.

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
Regardless if this is an Iphone4S or Iphone5 lines and demand will be be biggest ever. Being 3 months late hasn't helped the situation any either. Also depends on whether ATT and Verizon move up their upgrade eligibility also.
Another factor is the close proximity to the holidays which also should add fuel to the fire. Lastly Sprint supposedly getting the Iphone should make it worse.

Bottom Line: It's going to be tuff and the big question still remains...........Will it be worth it????

ap3604

macrumors 68000
Jan 11, 2011
Very Easy.
just go to ATT or Apple store. They will be plenty

not-sure-if-serious-or-not.jpg

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
I had no problems getting the iPhone 4 and iPad 2 on release day. Just spent a few good hours waiting in line at an Apple store.

For the iPhone 4 I had it reserved for pick. Got up at 5am and drove two and a half hours to Belfast from the Midlands of Ireland (no Apple store in the Republic of Ireland). I was out with the phone by midday.

For the iPad 2 I was in Perth WA I got there around 11am and was out with it around 6pm. It was 36c degrees that day.

LivingLarge

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2010
I'm pretty sure it'll be a real pain to get a hold of one right away. Start camping now is a good idea, or if pre-orders are taken and honored, get an order in ASAP when it opens up.

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
*Unless you live in Cali or New York of course...
Go to the apple store and get one around 10am-11am, you should get one.

They're will be a 15-20 person line though.

10-11am the day before launch and u might have 15-20 people in line

10-11am on launch day there will 5 times the amount of people in line then there are phones in the store.

Unless the population in the town u live is 50-100.

skyton

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2005
england
I think this will be the hardest one to get. Although that depends on stock levels.

It just feels like the buildup is huge - LOTS of people are waiting for this phone!

auxsend

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Where I live, the last couple iPhone releases have more or less been, show up and get one. Lines haven't been a big issue since the 3g came out around here.

LiveFreeDie

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2010
This will be my first attempt on getting a new iPhone near the launch date. That being said I got a couple quick questions...

If I plan on using my upgrade to get the new iPhone at a discounted price does that mean that I have to get the iPhone at a att store as opposed to online at apple.com or the apple store?

Also do pre-orders for the iPhone usually start right after the phone is announced or a few days after?

Pretty much i'm just looking for my best course of action to get the new iPhone while using my att upgrade.

Thanks.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
If there is a pre-order, I'll just do as with the iPhone 4 and have it delivered. Actually got phone a day early last year.

If there is no pre-order. I'll be waiting as unlike with the iPad 2 I don't think I can have someone wait in line for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.