Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
Bit of a daft question this, but are there any mac owners (iBook, iMac etc) who don't like iPods?

What I mean is I know lots of PC users who don't with daft excuses like "I want a music player, not a fashion accessory."

Personally I love mine, it's what converted me to macs in the first place.

bentley

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2005
My iPod certainly created a Halo effect.

Truth be told, I had a £400 music player and my computer look 30 seconds to load iTunes which then skipped music about all over the place.

iTunes sucking on Windows was a big factor for me getting a Mac :rolleyes:

But now I've got my Shuffle (well it's a sort of iPod I know), I've felt I don't really need every song on me.

watcher2001

macrumors 6502a
I always thought that iPods were just not worth the money, Until I got one.. Now I don't know how I would live W/O it. To all of those that "Hate" iPods I have two words... "Try One" After a day or two you will love it.

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2003
Home
i am not a iPod hater...but i must say that i dont like the way iPod has stolen the limelight away from what i think is apple....the computers and not some MP3 player. Even though to most the world i reckon that apple is now considered the iPod company and not the computer company.

Peace
DjVoTeZ

vieoray

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2005
before i got an iPod, i thought they were stupid and loathed them. then i got one and it was like seeing the light, hehe :)

i know several people who knock iPods for the simple reason lots of people have them...personally i just roll my eyes, because eventually they too get one and are extremely happy in the end.

Sutekidane

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2005
At first I thought they were really overpriced... Of course, thats when they were asking like $399 for 5gb! :eek:

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
ive never met a hater, but i have met quite a few people who just dont quite get it yet......even people my own age (21) :eek:

my parents dont grasp it, and neither to the people i work with quite yet, maybe i need to move

Mav451

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2003
Maryland
bentley said:
My iPod certainly created a Halo effect.

Truth be told, I had a £400 music player and my computer look 30 seconds to load iTunes which then skipped music about all over the place.

iTunes sucking on Windows was a big factor for me getting a Mac :rolleyes:

But now I've got my Shuffle (well it's a sort of iPod I know), I've felt I don't really need every song on me.

Lol iTunes is the reason I got an iPod. Not the other way around. And even then, I'm still happily running iTunes/iPod on my PC. But then, here we are, me with my 1,000+ posts on MR...

Hrmmm

qzak

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2005
Sutekidane said:
At first I thought they were really overpriced... Of course, thats when they were asking like $399 for 5gb! :eek:

lol i still think they're over priced! of course i have a 40gb one, and i love it!

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
1. Thought they were cool, but

2. Thought I wouldn't need one

3. Then found out I was wrong about #2.

The only people, especially Mac users, that are iPod haters tend to be unable to grasp why anyone would want their entire music library collected in such a way, and why that would be worth several hundred dollars. There's no wrong or right, just people that don't appreciate music as much. I doubt many of them could hold out against the iPod if they had one, tho...

supergod

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2004
Toronto
I loved the 3G iPods but found them too expensive, now I have no passion for the 4Gs. They're just so plain. I love the look of the minis, but with 8 gigs of music and growing (plus just starting to add movies to my Computer) the mini has no room.
I'm going to wait and see what the next generation of iPods are like. The way I see it, Apple is going to make some major changes to the next one as far as form factor is concerned, hopefully removing the smudgy mirror back and adding a color screen. I still refuse to appreciate the grey click wheel though: I agree that a white wheel would make the whole brick lose any shape and appeal, but why not a colored wheel then? I would love a green wheel, or a blue wheel or whatever.
So, in summation: boo 4G iPods.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.