Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

With Apple adding movie content to its iTunes Stores in a number of new European countries earlier this week, some have wondered whether Apple will be bringing its Apple TV set-top box to those countries to help users take advantage of the new content.

apple_tv_black.jpg
We have now received word that Apple has informed resellers in seven new European countries that the Apple TV will indeed be launching as of next Tuesday, October 4th, the day of Apple's iPhone media event. Countries set to receive the Apple TV on Tuesday include Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, and Sweden.
All-new Apple TV Now Available for Order in Seven New Countries

We are delighted to announce the all-new Apple TV, with an enhanced user interface and a breakthrough price point, is now available to order in Belgium, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland.
The Apple TV is planned to sell at a price of €119, including VAT, in Finland, in line with existing pricing in other eurozone countries. AppleCare will be available for an additional €29 charge. The device has already been added to at least one reseller site in Norway, with pricing there shown at kr 849.

Article Link: Apple TV to Launch in 7 New European Countries Next Tuesday

Last edited by a moderator:

newagemac

macrumors 68020
Mar 31, 2010
I love the new Apple TV. One of my favorite Apple products ever. If you already own an iDevice and you don't have an Apple TV yet, you don't know what you're missing. Airplay is really that good. It brings a whole lot more value to the iDevices you already own.

WLS

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Wait is this a new AppleTV or just a software update?? Or is it just new to those countries??
:confused:

bigcat318

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2007
When they say "All-new" do they actually mean new, or just new to them since they haven't had one before? Would be awesome if they did update to a 1080p capable version.

adbe

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2008
Do I officially kiss my dreams of a soon-coming 1080p Apple TV goodbye?

Unless there's a super secret ATV hardware upgrade ready to be announced at the event, I'd say yes. Most likely the only difference between the ATVs going on sale the day of the event, and one you can buy today is iOS5. :(

bacaramac

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
Hoping for good things to come with appletv. I hope they enable movie streaming like they did with tv shows. Also, apple needs to enable iTunes extras very soon. Annoying they had this on original apple tv and now they don't. I have 3 of these and love it. Great for the kids as well. No more discs.

Wait, regarding 1080p, wasn't the real racing ios5 demo in 1080p? I'll have to go find it again.

MaxGravy

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2011
Texas!
It's just new to those countries.

All-new Apple TV Now Available for Order in Seven New Countries

We are delighted to announce the all-new Apple TV, with an enhanced user interface and a breakthrough price point, is now available to order in Belgium, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland.

???

Lycanthrope

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2005
Brussels, Belgium, Europe
Not sure I get this, the resellers here in Belgium have had ATV2's in stock for ages.

Now giving us some content via iTunes, that would be something!

And yes, AirPlay is fabulous, already using it through and Airport Express to stream ALAC optical to my DAC. for such a cheap device the quality is fantastic. Now Apple, please remove the bit and sample-rate throttle you have on it!

adbe

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2008

Apple probably wouldn't pre-announce a product to dealers like that. If there was something big for the ATV it'd be an announcement for the media event.

The device is new to those countries, and will ship with iOS5, making it technically 'new' worldwide. It doesn't need to be new hardware though.

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
dumping the DVR next week and buying one. that will make it a PS3 for blu ray, x-box 360 for games and possible IP TV and apple TV for kids cartoons and maybe cheap movie rentals that i don't want to order a blu ray from netflix for

WLS

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
New to those countries.

that's kinda what I think, but either way I've been waiting to see if there was a new Fall event model announcement of the ATV before I bought one. My xbox live subscription expires in a few months and I'm not renewing it. I'd rather go the ATV route for Netflix.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.