Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
Hi Guys,

I just sold my Pc

i7 920
6gb ddr3
GTX295
4 tb hard drive (1000 x 4)
And so on

And this is my first Mac, i already have a iPad 2 and iPhone 4, and since i love them to death i thought, why not just get an mac.

So iv read everywhere that the MacBook Air late 2011 is a good, and i ordered one from Apple.se and got it within 2 days with extra speedy delivery.

I will be using my Macbook Air 13" as my main computer now.
But the problem I'm already having is that the 128 gb SSD is to small.
I download a lot of movies and i need a lot of space.

Whats the best setup for me ?
I have a Asus Boxee Box for my movies, on my LCD TV.
Have a wireless 100 mbit network.

Probably best to hook up a 2tb usb to the router right ?
And have it stream all the movies to the appartment for all the devices ?

What setup do you guys have ?
What do you think is best for me ?

Now i have a lacie 2,5" 500 gb , and its way to small.
Or should i wait and get a Lacie thunderbolt and hook it up to the mac ?

Thanks

// Lara

wrinkster22

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
I wold get the thunderbolt or USB drive. Thunderbolt is really expensive! Perhaps you should get an apple TV to stream your content and several usb hard drives

Hope I helped

Cancelled
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
I wold get the thunderbolt or USB drive. Thunderbolt is really expensive! Perhaps you should get an apple TV to stream your content and several usb hard drives

Hope I helped

Yeah, they will release the Apple Tv in sweden soon iv read.
Probably get that and USB Hard Drive and hook it up to the router and stream to the Apple tv then.

Can you set up the uTorrent to move downloaded files to a network hard driver when the files are done ? Like on a pc ?

Thanks a lot

wrinkster22

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
Yeah, they will release the Apple Tv in sweden soon iv read.
Probably get that and USB Hard Drive and hook it up to the router and stream to the Apple tv then.

Can you set up the uTorrent to move downloaded files to a network hard driver when the files are done ? Like on a pc ?

Thanks a lot

If you were to attach the Hard drives to your MBA you don't need to attach the HD to your router. Once you get the apple TV you cold stream from your Air using home sharing. I am not sure about utorrent. Perhaps a google search?

Last edited by a moderator:

eric/

Sep 19, 2011
Ohio, United States
Yes you can (uTorrent). As long as the drive is continuously connected to your Mac, you can designate the drive as the download location in the uTorrent preferences. Though I would recommend using the BitTorrent client over uTorrent. Seems more lightweight, and easy to use.

Or if it's possible maybe subscribing to Netflix or something and just watching your movies that way?

Then again torenting is legal in Sweden, so enjoy you lucky bastard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.