Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rich080487

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
Hi,

I am new to this forum, and desperately need some help. I have got a 3g that won't restore. Every time I try to restore the software I get a 1601 error.

I have tried a number of solutions I have found on the internet, but none work. Such as iREB, forced DFU, removing firewalls etc.

I am completely lost as to what to try next...........................
Any help much much appreciated,
Thanks,
Rich

rich080487

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
Thanks for the reply, still no luck. I have already tried all the suggestions in that link, such as different usb ports etc.

I feel i need something more drastic than a different usb port. Any further help much appreciated, I am oulling my hair out over this.

Thanks in advance!

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
If That

Thanks for the reply, still no luck. I have already tried all the suggestions in that link, such as different usb ports etc.

I feel i need something more drastic than a different usb port. Any further help much appreciated, I am oulling my hair out over this.

Thanks in advance!

Didn't work, and you've tried other ports, it's sounding like a hardware fault.

You would lose some data this way, but can you use a totally new copy of iTunes on a machine that has never had your de dice on it? Uninstalling iTunes leaves behind info. Such as authorisation etc. If you do that, and it still won't work, then it's the Apple Store I think.....I'm out of ideas and you seem to have tried them all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.