Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
This guy is perhaps the most famous or infamous celebrity who uses a Mac. It's probably the only correct thing the guys does. :)

I have friends of all political stripes but every GOP and Tea Party person I have ever known who has a computer has a Mac, and most like Limbaugh. Of my liberal friends, liberal like me, most have PCs. I read somewhere that Limbaugh may be Apple's best unofficial endorser and that could explain why all the conservative computer users I have known since late-1985 have all been hard core Mac users. I wonder if any of these Newt Gingrich and John Boehner worshiping folk know where SJ stands on politics.

There have been other brands of products which I see as popular with my GOP friends, like Ford F-150s, Coors beer, and Harleys, but nothing quite as universal as the Mac. The few times I have listened to Rush, if it's over a hour while I am driving he will mention his Mac. I don't know what this guy has going with Apple, but it's kind of a romance. Cut down a GOP politician and give a good argument and he may go soft on you, but NEVER cut down Apple or the iPhone on his show or else he will start acting like Michael Savage on you. "Macs just work, just like the Republican Party." ... ok, correct on one point I guess.

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    205.8 KB · Views: 532

CaptMurdock

Suspended
Jan 2, 2009
The Evildrome Boozerama
I have friends of all political stripes but every GOP and Tea Party person I have ever known who has a computer has a Mac, and most like Limbaugh. Of my liberal friends, liberal like me, most have PCs. I read somewhere that Limbaugh may be Apple's best unofficial endorser and that could explain why all the conservative computer users I have known since late-1985 have all been hard core Mac users. I wonder if any of these Newt Gingrich and John Boehner worshiping folk know where SJ stands on politics.

Most of my friends are, broadly speaking, left of center, and almost all of them drive Macs. There are exceptions, but those tend to be IT or tech-support types who love to get into the hardware/software guts of the machine. I've found Mac/PC preferences to be less over political ideology and more towards creative-vs.-technical inclination. YMMV.

The few times I have listened to Rush, if it's over a hour while I am driving he will mention his Mac. I don't know what this guy has going with Apple, but it's kind of a romance.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. :cool:

xkmxkmxlmx

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2011
Jpop/Jrock star Gackt using an iMac. I used to have a book with him using his MacBook, but couldn't find the pic online anywhere.

mac2.jpg

Nilscollection

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2011
The Netherlands
Maroon 5, as shown in the video of the 'making of' of their new single, uses a pre-unibody MacBook Pro (click here for YouTube-link, exact time is shown in image)

ebf9615a.jpg

Off-topic: awesome and very catchy song! :D

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
Most of my friends are, broadly speaking, left of center, and almost all of them drive Macs. There are exceptions, but those tend to be IT or tech-support types who love to get into the hardware/software guts of the machine. I've found Mac/PC preferences to be less over political ideology and more towards creative-vs.-technical inclination. YMMV.

At one time the creative types almost always used Macs from what I saw, but it seems about 50-50 with who I run into these days. Of course, taken altogether, most people in the USA and the world use PCs but I think price is a big factor there. I have to admit Windows has us beat on the numbers game.

I try and spread the word as much as I can but even in Northern California all around Cupertino there is still a stubborn attitude that Macs are "toys". If they are so-called toys, they do so much more than PCs do on just about everything. When people see a Ferrari or a nice yacht, they call that a toy so what is wrong with toys?

oldmacs

macrumors 601
Sep 14, 2010
Australia
Katy Perry and Adele use macs, you can see Adele using a mc in the booklet of her album 21. Lady Gaga, Adam Lambert and Christina Perri do as well.

Last edited:

justinLONG

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2011
anthony "ant" davis from atmosphere.

Attachments

• 50511_348315744877_2483829_n.jpg
    50511_348315744877_2483829_n.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 4,991

EBreakingWave

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2010
uk
DecadeofDifferenceconcertHollywoodBowl10-15-2011BeatriceMoritzClintonFoundation6.jpg

U2's The Edge was using a MBP to play a drum and bass backing tracking at last Saturday's Clinton Foundation concert at the Hollywood Bowl.

Last edited by a moderator:

laptoplover2

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2011
USA
Nickelodeon of course uses the pear-brand instead of Apple, but we know the truth.

On this iCarly episode they've really outdone themselves.

[url=http://www.abload.de/img/icarlykopie17we.jpg]Image[/url]

Awesome image! I love watching their Pear Products.
But you forgot that PearBook Pro between the two iPears there.
*wow* that would be like my dream setup. Especially if I could put a Pear sticker on all those things, that would be like the best setup that I could ever have. But instead of two iMacs, maybe one iMac and an Apple display.. yeeeaahhh

Last edited:

AppleDeviceUser

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
Canada
Shania Twain using a MacBook (I think it's an Air) in her video "Today Is Your Day"

Attachments

• Shania Twain using a MacBook.jpg
    Shania Twain using a MacBook.jpg
    405.6 KB · Views: 607

Mosephus

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2010
Duncanville, Tx
This guy is perhaps the most famous or infamous celebrity who uses a Mac. It's probably the only correct thing the guys does. :)

There have been other brands of products which I see as popular with my GOP friends, like Ford F-150s, Coors beer, and Harleys, but nothing quite as universal as the Mac. The few times I have listened to Rush, if it's over a hour while I am driving he will mention his Mac. I don't know what this guy has going with Apple, but it's kind of a romance. Cut down a GOP politician and give a good argument and he may go soft on you, but NEVER cut down Apple or the iPhone on his show or else he will start acting like Michael Savage on you. "Macs just work, just like the Republican Party." ... ok, correct on one point I guess.

He's a pretty good Apple endorser, I was listening on a Friday and a caller called in asking why he(rush) liked macs so much, and also asked what size he should get, later in the call rush shipped him a 2012 17in. MBP free of charge. I thought that was pretty cool.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.