Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FireBolt22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2011
Hey guys, I'm having this problem with this. Both my Computer and Itunes can't detect my Iphone. I tried restarting, resetting,changing cables and etc but it still doesn't work! Its charging but the computer does nothing. It only charges the phone. Help please? i'm using Windows 7,Iphone 3G, jailbroken.

JunkyDog

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2011
Hey guys, I'm having this problem with this. Both my Computer and Itunes can't detect my Iphone. I tried restarting, resetting,changing cables and etc but it still doesn't work! Its charging but the computer does nothing. It only charges the phone. Help please? i'm using Windows 7,Iphone 3G, jailbroken.

Try another computer if possible, and test all other USB ports on your computer if you have more then 1 USB port. If none works, i suggest you try another computer as well.:confused:

My iPhone 3G is fully jb, and i have no problems to detect it, nor my3GS or my 4G, all of them is detected by my computer and i am running Windows 7 - 64 bit, just like you, and my USB port works fine..:p

FireBolt22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2011
Try another computer if possible, and test all other USB ports on your computer if you have more then 1 USB port. If none works, i suggest you try another computer as well.:confused:

My iPhone 3G is fully jb, and i have no problems to detect it, nor my3GS or my 4G, all of them is detected by my computer and i am running Windows 7 - 64 bit, just like you, and my USB port works fine..:p

T___T still not working. I'm planning to bring it to the store to fix it.

JunkyDog

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2011
does the phone works? Try hard reset, you may need to jb it again.
Hard reset: Hold power for 3 secs, and hold power + home for another 10 secs (dont let go of power yet) then reslease the power button, hold the home button for another 15 secs, now iTunes should detect it as a new device, but this will wipe all on your iPhone, so if you can take a backup, now would be a good time to do so..

FireBolt22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2011
does the phone works? Try hard reset, you may need to jb it again.
Hard reset: Hold power for 3 secs, and hold power + home for another 10 secs (dont let go of power yet) then reslease the power button, hold the home button for another 15 secs, now iTunes should detect it as a new device, but this will wipe all on your iPhone, so if you can take a backup, now would be a good time to do so..

Thanks! Itunes detected my iphone but the computer still doesn't detect it ;_;

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.