Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mobius 1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 11, 2011
USEA
Okay so, my OS don't wanna boot now and i'm going to explain the problems and everything i could remember.

My operating system is 10.6.8 latest patch. My battery suddenly died (27%) when i'm working on a document, and 2nd time i was organizing my file. After the last sudden shutdown, I tried to boot my mac, it displays the normal grey screen first and a bootup chime. Then the apple logo come to the screen, but shortly after there's this little bar that's very weird, it doesn't load, or make any kind of animation. Then 60 second after the normal boot screen w/ loading circle appeared. For 3 minutes (yeah it take a long time).

Now it wouldn't boot AT ALL, it's stuck on the loading bar thing. So if anybody can help it would be appreciated

If anybody's wondering my 120GB windows partition still boots normally. I am on a momentus XT 500GB (hybrid) and on SD25 as reccomended.

It's a 2008 metal unibody macbook w/ 2GHz c2d (P7350), and 8GB Corsair RAM (DDR3)

squeakr

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2010
If anybody's wondering my 120GB windows partition still boots normally. I am on a momentus XT 500GB (hybrid) and on SD25 as reccomended.
(DDR3)

SD28 is out now and is the recommended firmware. I highly recommend it. The bar that you see id the progress bar for recovery when the battery dies and writes the RAM to the hard drive. It is trying to reload the data back into the RAM and recover to the point at which it died. If you can;t get it to boot after a time, I would load the start up disc and then see if you can run disk utility in the system.

Mobius 1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 11, 2011
USEA
damn, now the charger stops working...

(or is it the battery? the charger just sits there with a green light :/ and the battery's not 100% full)

adventhp1

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2011
i know what!

i had this problem

the only fix is to get a new hard drive :( sorry thts the truth you could try booting from cd but i doubt that could work

Mobius 1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 11, 2011
USEA
^ i also tried that. the charger won't work and the battery is just hopeless :/

i tried safe boot, FSCK using single user mode, PRAM and SMC reset, and disk utility. everythng didn't work or failed for repair the OS X partition :/

squeakr

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2010
Did you try to boot from the cd or through target mode, as sometimes that is the only way that disk utility can repair the HDD?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.