Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

srxtr

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2010
You helped me remember what it's like to cry again.

I guess death will always win, no matter how much money you have.

G'luck in the next life Steve. You will always be remembered.

stuartmack1974

macrumors member
May 9, 2011
swansea, wales, uk
I only came to Apple a few years ago, but having been totally won-over and read the history of Apple, i was smitten. But not just with the products, but with the same zealous enthusiasm that 'jobs and woz' had many years ago.Apple fans don't love a product, they love a community and Steve was a huge part of that community. Yes there are many who have the money to buy every apple product they want, but there are other like us who know the history, love what they have (my ancient white macbook!) and understand that deeper love and connection with a movement that will never be replaced.

Im so deeply deeply upset at the loss of steve, i only hope he passed with an overwhelming sense of achievement and contentment, and that that something 'even more amazing' in his words, is waiting for him.

See ya Steve, and thank you for making my laptop a piece of my life-architecture, and not just a washing machine.

Stuart, Wales, UK

Da Citizen

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2011
Leeds, UK
Don't know what to write.
Thank you for making millions of people feel special and individual.
I probably wont see something like that happen again in my lifetime.

The Man

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
The best is yet to come

Steve Jobs will be missed. To see how much can be achieved by a perfectionist in a world full of imperfect things. It is worth pursuing ones own goal of wanting things to be exemplary. In Job's case, making electronic devices transcend to something joyous to look at and to use, even to love. Even after Jobs passing, I will say the best is yet to come for Apple. I believe Steve made sure of that. Thanks Steve.

maxinc

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
All of the sudden, I look all around my desk surrounded by all these awesome :apple: creations and I understand why I was feeling so sad this morning. I'm now feeling better, knowing that his spirit will always be around me.

yogi477

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2002
England
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Steve you will be sadly missed. I don't know what else to say but you are a true inspiration and you changed the way people and tech interact forever. A true visionary.

Nord

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2010
Life brought us a visionary, it was rightful for Life to take him away from us... but it's so soon... thank you Steve, be at peace.

The Great Boony

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2010
Very Very Sad Day

You will be missed, I even missed you at the keynote yesterday.

Wishes go to his family and friends.

His legacy will last forever.

designgeek

macrumors 65816
Jan 30, 2009
"Town"
I'm sitting here at my desk with three apple laptops on it. I've had three iPods and I'm getting my first iPhone next week. I can't imagine consumer technology without Steve and his vision has inspired me to do what I enjoy and to do it better than anyone else. I'll miss him and I'll gladly carry on the tradition of the crazy ones. ;)

Adidas Addict

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
England
What sad news, I ain't afraid to admit I've shed a tear or two.

My thoughts are with his closest.

t_hero.png

felt.

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
Canada
I feel privileged to have lived during the same period as this great man whos legacy will be felt for generations. :)

AKfreeRider

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2010
What an incredible person. If only I could boot-up in OS9 so I could see the smiling mac... might cheer me up a bit.

Tatsuya Nakadai

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2011
This guy had a time machine ! This explains a lot (and particularly the 1989 ad). He knew when he was going to die, hence his departure from apple a few weeks before his death.

Sad news, but the guy lived well. That's what counts.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.