Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pianodude123

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2005
in the internet
killuminati said:
I just recieved a $50 coupon for apples birthday.
Hi, I was just wondering, where and how do you recieve these codes? Is there a public email address listing for these or do you have to be a member of .mac?????? PLEASE ANSWER for I might be buying my first mac!

shane-o-mac

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2005
pianodude123 said:
Hi, I was just wondering, where and how do you recieve these codes? Is there a public email address listing for these or do you have to be a member of .mac?????? PLEASE ANSWER for I might be buying my first mac!

Promo codes are sent to customers via e-mail. You can however take an online survey and get a $10 in-store coupon. If you do not have a user account at apple.com then do so. Apple will only send promos to users they have on record. Also, frequent customers tend to recieve more promotions.

espresso_fiend

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2005
premium4321 said:
could someone let me know if purchasing AppleCare coverage is worth it for an ibook? do ibooks usually have problems that will require me to bring it in for repair or are they prone to any kind of damage?

I would advise it. I bought a 12" iBook Oct 03. It turned out to be one with a faulty logic board, died less than a month before my free year ran out. I opted to move up to the extended warrnaty, and good thing too. I have now had to send the iBook in for repairs 3 times, and from the time to call I typically have it picked up at more door and sent back in 3 or 4 days. As well, I had a powerbook at work whose motherboard had died, and it didn't have the extended warranty. Cheaper to buy a new one than get it fixed OUT of warranty!

dont24

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2005
Northeast
I'll assume it's OK to "give" someone your promotion code, if you don't need it?
What's Apple's stance on this? I have a $30 off with a $300 purchase I don't need. My Company is part of the EPP program.

ebeyonder

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2005
If anyone has a $30 off $300 code you don't need, I would be very grateful if you could email it to me. Thanks!

evacboy

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2002
Would love a $30 off $300 code!!!

Send to evacboy at gmail dot com please!!

Thanks!!

dont24 said:
I'll assume it's OK to "give" someone your promotion code, if you don't need it?
What's Apple's stance on this? I have a $30 off with a $300 purchase I don't need. My Company is part of the EPP program.

TheStockGuy

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2005
Promo Codes

If you really wanted a code, head over to ebay and search for "Apple Coupon" - I just got 9 hits on this. People are selling them starting at .01 and it does not look like a lot of competition!

HTH.

- TSG

Waiting for the new PowerMacs to come out

gellman

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2005
Recently had someone break into my car and unfortuantely steal my iPod... if anyone has an extra $30 coupon please don't hesitate to contact me... bgellman@nycap.rr.com... help a poor college student out, thanks!

gjlowe

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2005
Asheville, NC
Swap?

I would also love to have a promo code if anyone is willing to share. I could trade a gmail account for a promo code!

PM me!

Mac Dummy

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2003
premium4321 said:
could someone let me know if purchasing AppleCare coverage is worth it for an ibook? do ibooks usually have problems that will require me to bring it in for repair or are they prone to any kind of damage?

I think its worth it, I recently had work done (Shipped my Pbook to Apple) told them the Superdrive and Bluetooth Module was DOA, so they replaced both for free. Its like an insurance policy, you may never need it but it is nice to know its there. Another cool thing about Applecare is that if you don't know how to do something in Mac OS X (anything!) you can call them for like 2 years after the original 90 day phone support lapses and they'll answer your questions. The only thing though is that if your going to purchase Applecare then you MUST do it before your 1 yr warranty is up. After a year from the purchase date your out of luck.

DickArmAndHarT

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2004
Just got a 30$ off 300

Just got a 30$ off 300

If anyone wants it, its up for grabs (hehe) PM me and id be happpy to e-mail it to you.

Edit: Sorry i put bid, i wasnt thinking, its a giveaway, 5 days until it expires any takers? It would be a shame, free money going to waste

samurphy

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2005
get it while it's hot

I just got a $30 off of $300. It expires May 7th. PM me if you want it.

[Sorry but evacboy won :eek: If I get another one that I can't use, I'll post again.]

DickArmAndHarT

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2004
4 days until it expires, 30$ for 300 Promo!!

4 days until it expires, 30$ for 300 Promo!! Itll expires soon, a shame if it goes to waste, Come and get it!!

mac friend

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2005
Michigan
Re: Apple Care on Laptop Computers

I highly recommend Apple Care on laptop computers, whether iBooks or PowerBooks. These laptop computers, because they are compact and lightweight, do not seem to be as sturdy as their desktop counterparts. Also, it's easier to damage them, since they are portable and carried around. And, they are very expensive to repair, when they are out of warranty. The latter is probably why Apple Care is more expensive for the laptop computers than for desktop computers.
Finally, an important note: it's not enough to just have purchased Apple Care before your computer's first birthday. You must have registered the Apple Care by then!
Take care.

weapon

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2005
I could use one of those $30 off $300 codes if anyone has one that is going to go to waste.

Thanks

SmiLe4KPD

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2005
I will take any promo code from the online apple store.

Please send me an email. Thanks in advance =)

Sweeth11gZ@hotmail

weapon

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2005
Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Don't waste them we could really use them.

TIA

pyro451

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2005
Promo code ... please

OK, I'm an apple newbie. My first apple product will be an Ipod 20GB from the on-line apple store.

Does anyone have one of those promo codes I can use today or tomorrow to buy one? I plan to buy the Ipod and the Applecare warranty, so I can use one of the $30/$300 ones.

Please email me at stomas@charter.net.

THANKS!!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.