Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cheesesteak22

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2011
I tried to log into my verizon account online and entered the wrong password one too many times and now my account is locked! I have been able to check my upgrade status through apple's website using my billing password but apparently that isn't the same as my account password. I tried to call customer service but they aren't 24 hours, so my account is still locked!

Am I going to be able to preorder through the apple website with my verizon wireless online account locked???

lilj4425

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2007
The same thing happened to me. :eek: I was able to add an iPhone 4 to my cart and select a data package on Apple's website just by using the last four digits of SSN.

haticK

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2011
New York
Verizon login password and the password the Apple site wants is definitely different. No idea what you do about a locked account, try calling Verizon or talking to someone on their live website support.

cheesesteak22

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2011
I know my billing password and have never had a problem checking my upgrade status on the apple website using that. Is that the only password they ask for when you preorder?

Zepaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
MN
billing password. This is not your standard password. It is a code 1-5 characters long. I had a similar issue today. You likely set it when you set up service but forgot it like me.

haticK

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2011
New York
If you mean Apple they also need last 4 digits of SSN, zip code, and then your phone number obviously. Verizon just needs the number/pass.

cheesesteak22

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2011
billing password. This is not your standard password. It is a code 1-5 characters long. I had a similar issue today. You likely set it when you set up service but forgot it like me.

Ok, good. I just hope the fact that my account is locked wont prevent the order from being processed.

lilj4425

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2007
I know my billing password and have never had a problem checking my upgrade status on the apple website using that. Is that the only password they ask for when you preorder?

Yes. They need that if you have one, last four digits of SSN, phone number, and zip code.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.