Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Jun 24, 2009
My apple ID was disabled yesterday, I had upgraded a friends phone to iOS5, and he inadvertently kept trying to enter his password when for some reason my Apple ID was signed into his phone.

We got it all sorted but now my Apple ID is locked and my only recourse is to change my password.

Ok fine, but wait now passwords have become super strict, 8 characters fine.... 1 lower case and 1 upper case letter? This is a password I enter a thousand times on a phone to purchase things, I don't need a extremely complex password, my previous password was 6 characters lower case randomly generated with numbers/letters.

/End Rant

MDF314159265

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2010
Temecula, CA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Probably to stop whiny bi***es from ranting/complaining about their accounts getting hacked or credit cards getting run up from a LACK of such security measures.
:D

bpeeps

Suspended
May 6, 2011
Deal with it. The requirements for complex passwords are rightfully becoming more commonplace.

Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif

Amnesia87

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
My apple ID was disabled yesterday, I had upgraded a friends phone to iOS5, and he inadvertently kept trying to enter his password when for some reason my Apple ID was signed into his phone.

We got it all sorted but now my Apple ID is locked and my only recourse is to change my password.

Ok fine, but wait now passwords have become super strict, 8 characters fine.... 1 lower case and 1 upper case letter? This is a password I enter a thousand times on a phone to purchase things, I don't need a extremely complex password, my previous password was 6 characters lower case randomly generated with numbers/letters.

/End Rant

You think that's a complex password!?

Where I work there are things that I log in to that require 16 character passwords and need at least, 1 upper case and 1 lower case letter as well as at least 1 number and 1 special character...

Stop crying about having to hit the shift key once...

theDUB

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2008
SLT, CA
You think that's a complex password!?

Where I work there are things that I log in to that require 16 character passwords and need at least, 1 upper case and 1 lower case letter as well as at least 1 number and 1 special character...

Stop crying about having to hit the shift key once...

"A16characterpassword?!" I solved your problem and it wasn't even complex.

theDUB

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2008
SLT, CA
I forgot to mention that the password must be changed every 1-2 months, and you cannot use any of your previous 16 passwords.

Change the "16" to a different two digit number every 60 days. That's what I do at my workstation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.