Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 4, 2009
Is this normal? I certainly don't want to be on the backorders.

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 4, 2009
It doesn't tell me my delivery date anywhere. Where can i find that?

aMV7f

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2011
Mine still says in progress. What I'm worried about is that my CC doens't have a hold or anything. I got an email saying expect it on the 14th. I just called ATT and the rep said it won't be charged until the phone is shipped, but I've seen numerous people say their CC has a hold. Should I be worried?

Irock619

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Mine still says in progress. What I'm worried about is that my CC doens't have a hold or anything. I got an email saying expect it on the 14th. I just called ATT and the rep said it won't be charged until the phone is shipped, but I've seen numerous people say their CC has a hold. Should I be worried?

Having a hold is different from being charged. I have a hold on my account for $215. It won't go through until the phone is shipped.

Virance

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2011
If you don't have a hold or a charge of any form, you definitely are not getting your phone on the 14th. If you do have a hold or charge, there is no guarantee but your odds are certainly better.

If you don't have a hold or charge, you should still be able to cancel though and go pick one up in store on launch day.

The above information is only accurate if ordered through AT&T - I have no idea what the charging is like if you ordered through Apple.

Irock619

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2011
San Francisco, CA
If you don't have a hold or a charge of any form, you definitely are not getting your phone on the 14th. If you do have a hold or charge, there is no guarantee but your odds are certainly better.

If you don't have a hold or charge, you should still be able to cancel though and go pick one up in store on launch day.

I agree with what he said. I would call your CC company and ask if there are any holds that you can't see online.

PerplexShyt

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2011

The above information is only accurate if ordered through AT&T - I have no idea what the charging is like if you ordered through Apple.

can you verify this? because i pre-prdered in store, and they charged the whole amount already. so that means i have a good chance of it arriving on the 14th?:D

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
charged

I have a charge from yesterday, for 374$, also got the email order "YOU MUST ACCEPT THESE T&C's BEFORE WE CAN PROCEED", which I did, and printed and looked at.

But still, my order doesn't show up on my account and the order number doesn't yield anything. I'll wait till monday before calling.

iTabone

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2008
I still can't find my order under order status....I did go to the ATT store today though and they said my order went through. Why can't I see it though?

Platypusman99

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2009
When I ordered my 64 GB white iPhone at 3 AM yesterday through AT&T it said it would be delivered to my house on the 14th. Today my order status on the AT&T web site says processing, there is no delivery date listed, and there is a message "back ordered" as the shipment status on the screen. Oh, and there is a $475 hold on my credit card. This does not bode well.

Vegasryn

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Ordered mine as soon as ATT was up. First I got a $1 charge on my debit card. In the morning I got an email from ATT stating that the order had been processed. Order status page states no ship date and that it is backordered - but only because they aren't allowed to release the phone from the warehouse. I also had the full charge pending on my credit card.

Today both charges have disappeared, but I am confident that everything is normal. I wouldn't have gotten the confirmation email if they were not able to pre auth my debit card. You probably just didn't see the charge as it went away fairly quickly with my account.

I wouldn't worry.

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Apr 30, 2010
When I ordered my 64 GB white iPhone at 3 AM yesterday through AT&T it said it would be delivered to my house on the 14th. Today my order status on the AT&T web site says processing, there is no delivery date listed, and there is a message "back ordered" as the shipment status on the screen. Oh, and there is a $475 hold on my credit card. This does not bode well.

Maybe you should cancel your order?:eek:

John-F

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2011
You should be fine.
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1243155/

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
These threads are kind of funny. Just relax. We will mostly all have our phones friday.

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010

This is exactly what you should be seeing. Relax.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.