Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdkmac

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2007
I called Verizon regarding Applecare+ yesterday and was told by a supervisor that the option to add it will be available when activating the phone.

yAak

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2011
it gave me the option to keep my existing plan. well my existing plan has unlimited data, I know I will eventually have to give it up but right now i'm glad I have it

Did you originally get your VZW Unlimited Data plan by ordering through Apple?

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
i got this email today from apple.

Dear Apple Customer,

Thank you for your recent iPhone purchase at the Apple Online Store.

We would like to let you know that every iPhone comes with one year of
hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to
90 days of complimentary support. AppleCare+ for iPhone extends your
coverage to two years from the original purchase date of your iPhone
and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each
subject to a $49 service fee.

We noticed you weren’t given the opportunity to add AppleCare+ to your
iPhone. If you would like to extend your coverage for only $99, please
reply to this email.

Thank you for shopping with Apple.

Sincerely,
Apple Online Store Team

i replied that i want it

just checked my order status, and i see it has been added to my order

wurt

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2011
Almost positive you ordered from apple.com... this thread is about people who ordered through verizon's website.

i got this email today from apple.

Dear Apple Customer,

Thank you for your recent iPhone purchase at the Apple Online Store.

We would like to let you know that every iPhone comes with one year of
hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to
90 days of complimentary support. AppleCare+ for iPhone extends your
coverage to two years from the original purchase date of your iPhone
and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each
subject to a $49 service fee.

We noticed you weren’t given the opportunity to add AppleCare+ to your
iPhone. If you would like to extend your coverage for only $99, please
reply to this email.

Thank you for shopping with Apple.

Sincerely,
Apple Online Store Team

i replied that i want it

just checked my order status, and i see it has been added to my order

wurt

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2011
I called Verizon regarding Applecare+ yesterday and was told by a supervisor that the option to add it will be available when activating the phone.

Really? I called verizon support just now and they said i had to do it through apple.. ugh.. can't get a fricking proper response out of anyone.

slgray49

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I just called Apple AppleCare support. I told the representative my the situation and he put me on hold while he spoke with the agreement department. He told I could call sales and have AppleCare+ added to my preorder. Or have my order cancelled and reorder the phone with AppleCare+ through Apple with my original delivery date of my preorder. I know I don't want to order the phone through Apple because I have a discount through Verizon. Since I don't have any Apple store really close I hope I can buy it over the phone with my preorder #. I will find out Monday when I call.

jdkmac

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2007
Really? I called verizon support just now and they said i had to do it through apple.. ugh.. can't get a fricking proper response out of anyone.

Yeah, it's been frustrating to get an answer, as I originally called Apple and they told me I had to call Verizon to get it added. The woman I spoke to at Verizon seemed to know what she was talking about and said it would definitely be available at the time of activation.

wurt

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I just called Apple AppleCare support. I told the representative my the situation and he put me on hold while he spoke with the agreement department. He told I could call sales and have AppleCare+ added to my preorder. Or have my order cancelled and reorder the phone with AppleCare+ through Apple with my original delivery date of my preorder. I know I don't want to order the phone through Apple because I have a discount through Verizon. Since I don't have any Apple store really close I hope I can buy it over the phone with my preorder #. I will find out Monday when I call.

Very cool. I really hope they allow this in the end because I have no desire to go to a retail store on release weekend. I mean, hell, that's the whole reason why i am pre-ordering online!

Yeah, it's been frustrating to get an answer, as I originally called Apple and they told me I had to call Verizon to get it added. The woman I spoke to at Verizon seemed to know what she was talking about and said it would definitely be available at the time of activation.

Interesting. I hope she knew you were talking abotu applecare+ and not just regular applecare. In any case we'll find out friday I guess.

jdkmac

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2007
Very cool. I really hope they allow this in the end because I have no desire to go to a retail store on release weekend. I mean, hell, that's the whole reason why i am pre-ordering online!

Interesting. I hope she knew you were talking abotu applecare+ and not just regular applecare. In any case we'll find out friday I guess.

On the good news front, she specifically mentioned that "I see you can order Applecare on the site, but you would need the Applecare+", so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. That said, it's Verizon and they've led me astray before.

jdkmac

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2007
I would assume you would either call Verizon or go online to activate the phone and that you would have the option to purchase it at that time. Complete speculation on my part though.

terryzx

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2007
Cincinnati
Same thing happened to me in Ohio. I called AppleCare's main office and complained and they are looking into allowing me to get it at delivery. Was not able to get on the Apple site to order are it was constantly down so after about an hour I got it on Verizon and they tell me that they were not aware it was not available there until I advised them. We ALL need to call A.S.A.P. and COMPLAIN LOUDLY about this!!!! I'm supposed to get a call on Mon or Tues about their offer of what to do???

jettie1767

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2003
New Jersey, USA
If it is too much hassle to get Applecare+, I will just go get Squaretrade. I think the coverage is the same and the difference in deductible is just $1.

cruisencode

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2009
I just got the following response in an email from VZW.

Since you have a Florida Address, you must contact Apple directly to obtain AppleCare coverage. Apple can be reached directly at 800-APL-CARE (800-275-2273) or by visiting

I called Apple and thy told me that I would have to bring the phone in to an Apple store and they would be able to sell it to me. I asked if I need to bring it in the first day, unopened, and was told no. I was told that they would inspect the phone and then add the AppleCare+.

I'm confused and this is beginning to suck! :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.