Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gusanitoverde

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 12, 2003
Northern California
:rolleyes:Dear Friends,

Logitech designed a beautiful Fold-Up Keyboard, and I purchased it recently. I use most common shortcuts when I write or navigate with the keyboard. In my first attempt to write, I noticed that the "select text forward word by word" does not highlight text; namely, the combination is: Shift + Option + Right Arrow. While the left selection works perfectly, even if I try to "deselect" to the right, I cannot do that since it uses the mentioned combination of keys.

Does anyone else suffers from this?

Do Apple branded keyboards missed this shortcut in the iPad 2?

Is iOS the problem? or Logitech's?

I got a Technical Support ticket open with Logitech. At first they said that They said that:
1. The product is new and they had no idea why it does not work.
2. There was no warranty in the shortcuts, to which, I responded that their page clearly states that the shortcut works:
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/67/8694
3. They told me to go to Best Buy and get a new keyboard. I did and it still does not work.

I am about to restore my iPad to factory settings...

Any ideas anyone?

Thank you all!

LaZyFLiP

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2009
I just tested all the keyboard shortcuts on that page you linked to on my Belkin Keyboard Folio and they all seem to function as they should.

I wouldn't expect Logitech's keyboard to function any differently but maybe there's a defect/bug with that specfic product?

Note: This was tested on an iPad 2 running FW version 4.3.5 & 5.0.

gusanitoverde

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 12, 2003
Northern California
Yes it is FW 4.3.5.

I am wondering if the new firmware of iOS 5 will do it any good. Unless the problem is indeed Logitech's.

Update:

I just my iPad to factory settings. It still has the glitch.

I guess I will keep battling with Logitech.

Last edited:

gusanitoverde

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 12, 2003
Northern California
I just talked to Logitech Support Level 2.

They told me that the keyboard does not have a firmware in itself and that the driver comes from Apple themselves. So the driver must be bad. He hopes that iOS5 will correct it.

If not... They will issue a refund.

UPDATE:

iOS 5 did not fix the shortcut.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.