Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

APPLEFAN8

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
NJ/GA/FL
There was an app that just said installing for like 30 minutes after an update, so I shut off my phone cause it happened before. This time my iphone is stuck on the apple logo. Not sure why, held down the power and top button but just stays on the logo. Any help? Thanks

JRoDDz

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2009
NYC
Do a hard reboot. Hold down power and home button until it blanks out again and re-appears, then let go.

moel

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2007
If it still doesn't work after a hard reset take it to an apple store, as after 30 minutes of processor crunching, it may well have popped something..

sparkyms

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2007
Southampton UK
weird, I had the same thing today, after updating Facebook app, the phone screwed up. Rebooted and it hung on the Apple logo... just left it though and after about 10mins it sorted itself out.

Jayderek

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2010
Madison, WI
I had this happen last night after installing the Facebook update.

Just sync the iPhone to your computer and it will right itself in a few minutes

Todthebod

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2007
Mine did that the other day. I thought it was F'd. After about an hour the home/sleep thing finally worked. Weird thing is my wife's Ipad did the same thing at about the same time.

JRoDDz

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2009
NYC
It's Mark Zuckerberg's fault. He got billions and is messing up your iPhones. REVOLUTION!!

Mach2001

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2011
UK
It must have been some sort of update because I was updating Facebook and it was stuck on installing then turned itself off and wouldn't get past the Apple logo, I just reset it left it a while and it started again with no problems.

APPLEFAN8

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
NJ/GA/FL
It must have been some sort of update because I was updating Facebook and it was stuck on installing then turned itself off and wouldn't get past the Apple logo, I just reset it left it a while and it started again with no problems.

Guess i'll cancel my appointment at apple.

JGC1986

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2008
YES that new Facebook app had a huge bug with the iPhone 4, it would not work on my fiances phone, had to uninstall it and then reinstall it, seemed to work fine after that.

bier-meister

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2008
Hamburg, Germany
Same happened me after updating the Facebook app, had to do a restore. Was on holidays with my family last week and only got back Sunday evening, didn't have a chance to sync on Monday, lost all my photos from the trip :mad:

First time I've ever had an issue since with the iphone, Facebook, ggrrrrrrrrrrrr

Mav1323

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
I had this happen last night after installing the Facebook update.

Just sync the iPhone to your computer and it will right itself in a few minutes

I had the same issue with my 3GS yesterday and did exactly what the above poster did and it fixed itself.

drill423

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2009
Houston
Yup, same thing happened to my iPhone 4 with updating the Facebook app. Waited for a while but I eventually had to restore the phone. Lost a ton of pictures that I hadn't backed up yet.

MacMan07

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2011
UK
Yep, it is safe to say I was cursing Facebook yesterday - my phone wouldn't even come out of the reboot stage.

For those of you where the hard reset still doesn't help, hook your iPhone up to iTunes and do the usual you would do for a hard rest (hold the power and home button at the same time). If your phone is in reboot mode, it won't be recognised by iTunes but don't worry. When the screen goes blank, release the power button only while still holding the home button. This will force the phone into recovery mode at which point it will be detected by iTunes. Once detected, release the home button.

You will then have the option to restore.

gadgetfreak98

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2009
How to revive without restoring?

Of course, I had this issue happen just as I started a business trip. I turned off the phone for a flight and then it never came out of the Apple-logo boot screen after landing.

I am able to get it into DFU mode and get iTunes to pop up the restore screen. However, I really have a lot of info on the phone that I don't want to lose. Also, I don't want to restore to an unjailbroken state since I have dutifully protected my original iPhone 4 baseband.

Any way I can get this revived while on the road without going through a restore? I too updated the Facebook app, although I have no interest in Facebook... Ugh!

Thanks!!!

sppm14

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2011
Jailbroken Iphone 4 stuck after "Erase all settings"

Hello!

I jailbroke my iphone 4 and now wanted to un-jailbreak it. I tried restoring to factory settings on itunes but there was some error and I couldn't restore.

Then i got mad and I pressed "erased all data and settings" coz I alrd have back up of contacts and pics on my com. after that, i tried starting my iphone again but it's now stuck at the jailbreak apple logo with the skull thing.

HOW TO MAKE IT RECOVER??? HELP!!!

disarticulate

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
HOW TO MAKE IT RECOVER???
No understando vaquero.

Doing "erase all" on a jailbroken iPhone often results in a frozen phone. Do a full restore in iTunes. Depending on whether its unlocked or not and what iOS version its running you might get errors and have to disable the apple iOS software verification.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.