Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pchipchip

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2011
What case should I get for my white iPod Touch 4G when it comes out? I don't want something that is very bulky, but I want it to protect it. And something that is not very expensive. I am also wondering about screen protectors. Which one works fairly well and keeps the screen from getting scratched.

BrHop156

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2011
Canada!!!!
If you don't put it in the same pocket as your keys, the screen will not get scratched. The back will get scuffed without a case, but not enough to warrant the extra bulk, IMO.

pchipchip

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2011
If you don't put it in the same pocket as your keys, the screen will not get scratched. The back will get scuffed without a case, but not enough to warrant the extra bulk, IMO.

On my current iPod the back would always get scratched a lot and I want to keep my new one in good condition because I might want to sell it in a while.

Firestar

macrumors 68020
Sep 30, 2010
221B Baker Street.
On my current iPod the back would always get scratched a lot and I want to keep my new one in good condition because I might want to sell it in a while.
I would suggest a BSE, BodyGuardz, Invisible Shield, or whatever else similar. That's about the thinnest you're going to get.

moderately

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2010
I bought a touch last year and liked the way it slipped into my pocket w/o a case. It has held up well- back is scratched but screen is doing great.

I want a case now because I am tired of holding it without one. Started reading on it and after a little while the thin edge is just annoying. Haven't found the case yet but wondering if otterbox will work for me. I don't want it bulky but a little morealong the edge would be welcome.

TuiSong

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2011
Petone, New Zealand
I'm a fan of the incipio feather range of cases. I bought one for my ipad1 and I liked the feel of it and how it didn't add too much bulk. My daughter has had a few silicon type cases for her iPod and I hate the feel of them, it's a bit like cold dead flesh or something, plus a bit bulky. I was really pleased when I found an incipio feather iPod case plus screen protector in a sale bin for my older camera-less touch.

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
I just have a basic blue case that does the job. It saved my iPod once. I got it for like $2.

----------

I bought a touch last year and liked the way it slipped into my pocket w/o a case. It has held up well- back is scratched but screen is doing great.

I want a case now because I am tired of holding it without one. Started reading on it and after a little while the thin edge is just annoying. Haven't found the case yet but wondering if otterbox will work for me. I don't want it bulky but a little morealong the edge would be welcome.

I can never hold the iPod touch 4 without a case it seems so slippery and I put it in the case when I got it and it still got scratched up I don't take it out that often. Maybe every 2 months to wipe the back.

accessoriesguy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2011

yeah that's pretty smart, it keeps its resale value a lot better. If you don't want anything bulky your best bet is a cheap plastic case. just check the reviews, and save yourself some money.

pchipchip

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2011
yeah that's pretty smart, it keeps its resale value a lot better. If you don't want anything bulky your best bet is a cheap plastic case. just check the reviews, and save yourself some money.

Thanks! Yeah I just really wanted a case this time because I know that at least some of the people that I know that are going to buy a new iPod want a clean screen and unscathed back.

iPhonemaster5S

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2011
Colorado
I would suggest Speck, from my experience they are the best. My old iPod touch(2nd gen) survived a drop from the top of my staircase and it worked perfectly fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.