Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sangdushi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2011
I didn't join the html5 beta program. majority of the videos just loads in html5 and I have to double click and restore it to flash. how do I just make it flash all the time? htlm5 is super laggy for me. I have the click to flash plugin

blingies

macrumors newbie
Dec 25, 2009
I think it is related to the clicktoflash plugin.
When i was installing plugins and setting up my safari a few days ago, I noticed clicktoflash automatically renders youtube videos as html5. I personally want it to block all videos, unless instructed by me to load.

This was the main reason why i switched to using google chrome, I personally do want to use safari as my main browser, as i love that bounce feature at the top and bottom of pages, but all videos autoplaying, that puts me off.

i hadnt found a solution to using both clicktoflash (to get rid of flash and ads) AND not autoplaying youtube videos.. :(

Sangdushi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2011
What does it say if you go to http://www.youtube.com/html5 ? Does it say you are enrolled in the beta?
not enrolled.
I think it is related to the clicktoflash plugin.
When i was installing plugins and setting up my safari a few days ago, I noticed clicktoflash automatically renders youtube videos as html5. I personally want it to block all videos, unless instructed by me to load.

This was the main reason why i switched to using google chrome, I personally do want to use safari as my main browser, as i love that bounce feature at the top and bottom of pages, but all videos autoplaying, that puts me off.

i hadnt found a solution to using both clicktoflash (to get rid of flash and ads) AND not autoplaying youtube videos.. :(

I'll uninstall the clicktoflash plugin and see what happens.

I tried google chrome. I find safari faster and I use the navigation page scrolling gesture a lot and it doesn't feel the same without the animation.

CubeHacker

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2003
If you have click to flash:

Open any website, and right click anywhere on the page that doesn't have text or pictures on it. An option should appear to change click2flash settings. Under one of the tabs, you can change the default video player for flash video. The options are 1.) HTML5 2.) Quicktime 3.) Flash

You want to set it to the last one

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.