Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Since OS X Snow Leopard is not natively compatible with iCloud, is it possible to manually configure Snow Leopard's Mail & iCal to work with iCloud?

Last edited:

76ShovelHead

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2010
Florida
1. Go to the native email client application and go to new account setup.

2. Fill your email address “xxxx@me.com or xxxx@mac.com” and password and click on the Manual Setup.

3. Choose IMAP and fill “p07-imap.mail.me.com” (or p01-imap.mail.me.com etc..)port: 993 and Security type : SSL.

4. On the following screen configure smtp server by entering these values

SMTP Server: smtp.me.com

Port: 587

Security type: TLS

You need to check “Require Sign In” and provide your username and password. Keep in mind that your username should not be your full email id but just the part before @sign e.g enter sa123 for email id sa123@me.com.

5. Enter the values in option fields and enjoy your icloud mail

^I followed the above tutorial from http://santosh.wordpress.com and it worked for my android (it should work for all mail clients).

Hope this helps!

johnnyboyvzw

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2011
iCal manual settings

Since OS X Snow Leopard is not natively compatible with iCloud, is it possible to manually configure Snow Leopard's Mail & iCal to work with iCloud?

We're having success setting up iCal manually and it works great, but Address Book is still a mystery at this point.

Open iCal - Preferences - Accounts - +

Account Type 'CalDAV'

Username: (iCloud.com username)
Password: (iCloud.com password)

Server Address: caldav.icloud.com

Create

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.