Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Europe calling

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2007
The Netherlands
Same message here.
And when i try again, while my iPhone had been backed up and the whole iOS had already been downloaded, it starts the whole process again from scratch.
Even the second time it 'just did'nt work'

I'll try again tomorrow

Attachments

• norestore.jpg
    norestore.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:

YoungLew

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2009
I got the same thing. I'm on a iP4 on 4.3.5.

I keep retrying but it keeps failing, the download was fine it appears the issue is with installing the OS.

I did notice it tries to verify the installation with Apple so maybe its due to over utilisation of Apples servers?

BlackFalcon448

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2011
I got the same thing. I'm on a iP4 on 4.3.5.

I keep retrying but it keeps failing, the download was fine it appears the issue is with installing the OS.

I did notice it tries to verify the installation with Apple so maybe its due to over utilisation of Apples servers?

I'm going to try an option+restore and I''l report back on my success/failure

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Those who Have had this error post in this thread when you get it to work please

Give the rest of us some hope

I may do it before bed then 4.30am then it will surely work

Megagator

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2010
USA
Fixed

Had the same exact error ( on OS X .7.1). put the iPod in recovery mode and hit restore. It authorized and then began. Works like a charm!

Demosthenes X

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2008
I got the same thing. Just keep trying - my iPhone updated fine on the second try, my iPad took three or four, but is updating now. I'm guessing it's just a lot of requests hitting Apple's servers.

JunkyDog

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2011
Guys guys, didnt you ever think of updating the itunes program itself, try to do so, and run the upgrade again. Works here, but i also got the same error as you did, i updated my itunes, and viola, running ios 5.. :):rolleyes:

MustangJoe

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2011
Same here! Won't work for my iPod Touch 4th gen or iPad 2.

Edit: Just got IOS 5 on iPod Touch 4th gen. Will have to try later on iPad 2.

Edit 2: Got IOS 5 on iPad 2. Now just got to get setting and everything just the way I want so I will be good to go when I get my iPhone 4S!

Last edited:

YoungLew

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2009
Getting the same thing here on my Verizon iPhone. If you click 'More Information' on the error message, it suggests updating the OS and restarting the computer. I know these are generic steps, but I'm going try it (didn't upgrade 10.7.2 yet) and see if that helps.

Good luck, i started the download of iOS5 and 10.7.2 at the same time and iOS5 is long finished and 10.7.2 thinks its going to take 4 hours!

c.james

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2011
Ugh, same problem here. iPhone 4.. it was jailbroken but I updated to 4.2.10 prior to updating to OS 5. Rebooted the computer and iTunes, still getting the same message. Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Pheo

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2011
Rebooting both devices now to see if it's that, although what's the betting rebooting makes iTunes d/l the update again! :confused:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I got the same thing, but it took a couple of tries and it worked. I didn't need to put it DFU mode or anything I just retried and it worked

StuW

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2011
Updated iTunes and tried to update, got the error message. Going to update my OSX and try again! Anyone fixed it??

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
I'm trying to update my Verizon iPhone 4 running 4.2.10 to iOS 5. I keep getting the message "The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An internal error has occured." Tried using DFU mode and same problem. Any suggestions? P.S. it is not jailbroken.

Back up you phone and then click restore instead of update. That should get you sorted. Then restore from back up when iOS 5 is installed.

ru4real

macrumors member
May 19, 2010
try rebooting your iphone

this worked for me

Running through a similar issue with my phone. My computer could not restore the phone, but by going into settings --> general and doing a complete reset ON THE PHONE I was able to get it reset. It's attempting a new restore from my computer now... should be able to let you know how that goes in about 3 minutes.

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
guys guys, didnt you ever think of updating the itunes program itself, try to do so, and run the upgrade again. Works here, but i also got the same error as you did, i updated my itunes, and viola, running ios 5.. :):rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.