Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jack06

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2009
Anyone having problems with upgrading to iOS 5?

Been trying to upgrade but keep getting an error message (see below)

I've tried uninstalling itunes, and reinstalling (10.5)
I've restarted my computer and made sure everything was up to date.

I'm running a Macbook pro 10.6.8 and trying to update my iPhone 4.

Anyone else having this problem?

thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 216

babyt

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2009
texas
me too :(
tried restarting my mac
and redownloading the new iTunes.
aint getting nothing :(

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Back up you iPhone and then click Restore instead of Update. Then restore your files from the backup.

Anotoneher

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2011
My guess is there are too many doing it

Try later I say

Yep.

I rebooted my macbook, tried my macbook air with 10.7.2, tried with snow leopard, hard-reset my iPhone and I still can't update to iOS 5. Have tried 12 times now. My guess is WAY too many people accessing the cloud and trying to update their iPhones world wide.

The problem is Apple launched ios5 world-wide at the same exact time. Pretty idiotic IMO. But Apple has never really been that great at product launches anyways. It's always a huge mess.

Pheo

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2011
I'm guessing probably the download from Apple corrupted in some way, due the volumes. Giving it 1 more try here then I'm going to the gym

pezasied182

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2011
I think you have to just keep trying it. I kept getting that error, tried three different sync cables, tried to restore then back up, nothing worked. Just tried it again and it works.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Same error here :mad:
Will try for another hour then just will leave until tomorrow

Tried installing 10.7.2 to see if that fixes anything, just installing now.

dealmaker

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2010
Same here - tried 12 times now! ..and done everything it suggested on the resource page! WTF!!!

Anotoneher

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2011
Question:

Why is it when I click update iTunes notifies me I have purchases which have not been transferred to iTunes. So I transfer the purchases, then click update and it tells me again.

Also, I can't sync ANY of my apps, if I click sync apps they all delete off my phone and I have to unclick sync apps to get them all back. Never had this problem until I upgraded iTunes last night.

davidlw

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2008
Keep getting Internal error occurred

I have tried to update both my iPad and iPhone on 2 different Mac's and keep getting "Could Not be restored. An Internal error occurred". Any suggestions?

rockhard

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2011
Getting an error when it's trying to validate with Apple. Says something about not being eligible for this build or something.

On my 3rd try. Why does it have to back up the iPhone every time you try?

edit: 3rd try didn't work. WTF.

bembol

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2006
Just bought the 64GB touch 4G.

I've had so many iDevices and this is the first time I ran into something like this. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.