Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pkts

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2007
Yup me too. Can't just restore back to OS 4.x, only option is to restore to 5...which fails repeatedly.

MCKENNATECH

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2011
Just give it a bit, and it'll be fine. Whenever Apple rolls out new software and millions of people download it at one time, this always happens. No big deal.

pkts

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2007
Does this really happen everytime? If so, you think they'd figure out some way to stagger it...

iTouch.lover22

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2009
I got the same thing, and my phone got put into recovery mode. I just unplugged it and replugged it, it asked me to restore so that's what I did. It's currently restoring my backup now onto iOS 5.

pkts

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2007
I got the same thing, and my phone got put into recovery mode. I just unplugged it and replugged it, it asked me to restore so that's what I did. It's currently restoring my backup now onto iOS 5.

Mine did that too.....twice.....and failed both times :mad:

Make that three times...different error this time (some encoding web page error)

techguy20

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2010
I've been getting a few of all these various errors... Still no iOS5!

Seems Apple's servers are getting killed these last few hours, probably as everyone is getting home and running the updates.

c0reyann

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
I got 3004 error and got stuck in recovery mode which made me go back to factory settings. It appears to have lost the backups I made today and is in this cycle of failing the restore and telling me that I am stuck in recovery mode.

Fun times.

techguy20

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2010
Finally! Just keep plugging it in and out and keep restoring.

Guess I finally snatched a spot on Apple's servers to verify the update!

In the restore process now.

biker74

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2008
Scotland
My is now been plunged into recovery mode. Cant do anything with it, itunes now not finding my iphone. Anyone?

gooberguy

macrumors member
May 17, 2010
Buffalo, NY
For me, I hit the restore process, get a spot on apple's servers, it goes through the restore, and at the very end it fails and gives me error 3004 :|

N-Y

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2009
i dont understand why the server has anything to do with it? if i was able to download the entire setup file, shouldn't it work?

akuma13

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2006
Add me to the list. My iPhone updated fine but a few hours later can't update my iPad getting the 3004 error all the time. aargh!

pkts

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2007
it probably stopped with the phone off or crashed. I had to hold down home and power one time.

MacObsessed

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2011
Lynchburg, VA
Possible solution

I originally got a 3014 error, so I switched networks, then I got error 3004. I found the following article:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3694#error3004

There are several solutions for 3xxx errors, but the one that ended up helping was listed as:

Error 3004: If the steps listed in Error 3000-3999 do not resolve the issue, and you are using a Mac, you may be able to resolve an error 3004 by quitting iTunes and using the following command at the command line: dscacheutil -flushcache

This worked for me, and got my phone out of recovery mode. Hopefully it wasn't just a fluke.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.