Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lawnghorn

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
Another vote for the trackpad.

Looking to purchase my first IMac and trying to decide between the MM and MT.

IMac will be used mainly for internet surfing.

I have my 4 year old daughter playing on the MacBook right now and she seems to work with the trackpad on it well but was wondering which would be easier for her use.

ezatech

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2011
For any serious work. Mouse every time! But for general, trackpad. I am a little disappointed with the wireless magic mouse, it isn't real ergonomic, it doesn't mold to your hand very well.

LiloThePleo

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2010
Magic trackpad is hopeless for applications that require precision, ie: creating art works and playing games.

tears2040

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2010
Magic Mouse is not your typical mouse. In my opinion it is the best of both world combined. My most used feature like most people is scrolling a page, do you know how beautiful it is to just swipe the top of the magic mouse and have it scroll...... PRICELESS

The only downfall is the batteries they go through them quick. A good suggestion is to buy rechargeable ones. Now my opinion of the Magic Trackpad is, that it's an excellent option as well, but when doing work in photoshop and other precision techniques it is more difficult to accomplish compared to the mac.

Now with practice you can master anything and these are only my experience.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.