Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sib2332

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2005
I have a problem and i'd really appreciate some expert (!) advice.

I have an IMAC at home which i use to run ITUNES but for personal reasons i've sold this ....

I will be taking order soon of an ibook G4 but there will be a period of time when i have no computer at all.

Therefore i need to know how i go about storing my itunes music collection somehwere / somehow safe so that i can tf the library straight on to my applebook.

If i plug my IPOD in to a brand new ibook will the music automatically tf from the 'pod' or do i need to store somewhere and tf to the hard drive of the new lap top.
oh and it goes without saying i need to work on a budget...

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
yep 3rd party unsupported on macrumors lol or... if you still have your Mac just copy the iTunes file to the ipod via the finder -

i hope you rememberd to deauterise your iTunes b4 u sell/Sold it

sib2332

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2005
IPOd - HELP !!

liketom said:
yep 3rd party unsupported on macrumors lol or... if you still have your Mac just copy the iTunes file to the ipod via the finder -

i hope you rememberd to deauterise your iTunes b4 u sell/Sold it

Thanks for your help, are you able to explain how i copy itunes to the ipod (and will I still be able to use the ipod in the meantime)

and i haven;t actually sent the imac off yet, what's with the deauthorise

pardon my ignorance oh font of all knowledge !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.