Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ninerfan

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2011
This is amazing, love the white/matte. Will look forward to hearing how this case affects reception.

sh0ebox

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2011
Nice case, but for $70+ including the backplate, shipping, and taxes, I'd rather just buy some new shoes or something.

Shipping is free (via USPS first class) unless you choose to use Priority or faster, and I didn't get charged any taxes so the final cost was the list price ($59.95)

gugy

macrumors 68040
Jan 31, 2005
La Jolla, CA
Shipping is free (via USPS first class) unless you choose to use Priority or faster, and I didn't get charged any taxes so the final cost was the list price ($59.95)

If you are in CA then add taxes to it. $65.20 should be your final bill.
What gripes me is the shipping wait. so far, I hear 3 to 6 weeks. :eek:

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Nov 10, 2006
How tight does this case fit the phone? Id be worried about any play which would allow debris to scratch the phone.

JohnnyQuest

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2006

It's still $67 with the back plate. And without the backplate, it seems to have no greater value than the Apple bumper.

I don't know, it's pretty. But I'm not sold on it.

nutritious

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2008
It's still $67 with the back plate. And without the backplate, it seems to have no greater value than the Apple bumper.

Nice case, but for $70+ including the backplate, shipping, and taxes, I'd rather just buy some new shoes or something.

No, it's included. It's only $7 per additional/extra backplate.

Per their site:

"Removable back plate (INCLUDED with purchase) gives you the option of having minimalist style or full protection"

How tight does this case fit the phone? Id be worried about any play which would allow debris to scratch the phone.

According to video reviews on youtube, it's extremely snug.

Last edited:

sh0ebox

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2011

As nutritious mentioned, a backplate is included (matching the color you choose for the "bumper"). If you want to buy an extra backplate or a different colored backplate, it's an additional $7. So for $60 (+ tax if you're in CA I guess) you get the "bumper" and the optional backplate. Still a bit steep but I sprung for it because it's among the most unique (and stylish) iPhone cases that I've come across that meets my specifications.

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Nov 10, 2006
It's snug as it should be. No play whatsoever.

How long have you use this case for? I am thinking about it but really worried about messing up the band on the iPhone.

and two more questions.

1. Does it work with front and back skins? Mine are power support
2. Does it cover the plastic band around the front of the phone?

Thanks for taking the time to answer!

pocky

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2011
San Gabriel Valley
Would it be possible for Larry, or anyone for that matter to post photos of the white graft bumper on a white phone WITHOUT the backplate? I'd like to see photos of it. Appreciate it!

Weirik

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2011
anybody use the case on verizon iphone ? is it 4s compatiable ?

All this information is listed right on their site. It works with the 4/4S for both carriers.

I just ordered this in white for my white 4S, but I'm a little concerned with how dirty it will get. One of the sales reps said nailpolish remover works well for removing stains, so FYI to those getting a white case as well.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Would it be possible for Larry, or anyone for that matter to post photos of the white graft bumper on a white phone WITHOUT the backplate? I'd like to see photos of it. Appreciate it!

I'll try but I can only show the back by replacing the back plate of my black iPhone ;)

How long have you use this case for? I am thinking about it but really worried about messing up the band on the iPhone.

and two more questions.

1. Does it work with front and back skins? Mine are power support
2. Does it cover the plastic band around the front of the phone?

Thanks for taking the time to answer!

Yes and yes.

random person

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2008
I just ordered the white/matte combo for my white 4s. Can anyone confirm that the headphone port is big enough for oversized/third party headphones?

dmx

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Ordered the black / matte for my white iPhone 4S, can't wait to receive it, looks like an awesome case. Hope they can get those ship times down!

joshwithachance

macrumors 68010
Dec 11, 2009
I just ordered a white matte version to use when I order my white 4S next month! This case is STUNNING! If you compare the price to the white Vapor Pro, it's quite the bargain really.

Weirik

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2011
Yeah, it's definitely one of the sexiest cases out there. I talked to them about the shipping times and they said they said they are a new company, didn't expect such a high demand, ran out of stock, and are in the process of manufacturing new cases now. They'll ship as soon as they receive them.

mrt209

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2010
USA/Germany
Ordered the black / matte for my white iPhone 4S, can't wait to receive it, looks like an awesome case. Hope they can get those ship times down!

I got the white / matte case but going to have it changed to the black / matte case... think it looks better with the white iPhone.

dmx

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
I got the white / matte case but going to have it changed to the black / matte case... think it looks better with the white iPhone.

Yes, I certainly agree. The white iPhone and white bumper is a little to feminine for me, but I love the contrast of the white phone and the black bumper.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.