Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

myotis

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2007
I am getting a Apple ID pr password not recognized error when trying to log in to iCloud (using a Mac Book Air).

I only have and have only ever had one Apple ID (and I have had an automated email from Apple telling me that this is the ID for my iCloud account and encouraging me to sign up). Going into the Apple ID accounts management shows that I only have one email addess registered (which I can obviously access using the password that isn't recognised in the iCloud sign up)

I have never had a mobile Me or similar apple account.

My Apple ID and password on this same Computer lets me access iTunes and the Apps store.

Any one any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

Many thanks,

Graham

kkishfy

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2010
Mac mail keeps asking for password after iCloud and Mac OS X 10.7.2 upgrade

I am having the same issues. I keep getting the same password prompt and I cannot get my mail using mail. Same issue happened on my iPad but not my iPhone. I even removed the email account entirely from mail and re-added it. It worked for a while last night after doing this but now, it's asking me again.

Sigspd

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
Jacksonville Florida
mail keeps asking for my password

Both my phone and my MBP are doing the same thing after the upgrade. I have gotten the rejected password message, and the password is incorrect message. I have received a total of 3 emails on the phone.

Not sure if it is a bug in the iCloud system, or if it is just having live jitters.

sccaldwell

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2003
Add me to the list of people having this problem. Apparently my Apple account(s) got totally fscked when it forced me to change my Apple login from a user name to an email address. I had trouble getting it to make the change to start with, and apparently it didn't fully succeed.

Now neither the old username nor the email address (which was the one previously on file) work. NOT happy.

bgro

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2010
South Florida
I had this problem the other day and made a similar post. Nothing could fix it. I went back to using Gmail. Looks like Apple's problems from MobileMe carried over to iCloud.

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
It's been intermittent with me on iPhone 4 iOS 5. I have been getting mail from dot mac or iCloud whatever.. but my credentials seem to get lost and I've had to re-enter login password at least two dozen times in the last couple days. Looking forward to 5.1, lol.....:rolleyes:

myotis

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2007
Now resolved - I think

Well, this is now fixed for me.

Instead of giving up when I got the unrecognized user name/password, I clicked on Continue and got a message saying that the user (with my ID) was already logged in did I want to continue. (even though I could still read the urecognised error message)

I said yes, and went to the iCloud set up page.

So I seem to have got logged in OK.

Graham

sandylp

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area
iCloud Email Address

I was asked to log into iCloud using my Apple id and password and it worked, but I am not able to create an email address for me.com. I'd like to use the old one I had with mobile me, but iCloud won't let me. It says it is still in use. I've tried to delete my mobile me account, but can't seem to do that either. Any suggestions?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.