Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ridenourda03

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
Flathead Valley, Montana
Updated to iOS 5 tonight on my iPhone 4. When iTunes goes to put all my apps, etc back on my phone, an error message displays and it says that the iTunes Backup is Corrupt for my iPhone... Really hoping there is a way to fix this or get my Contacts, etc back on my phone!! :confused::confused:

Thanks!

greencross

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
Updated to iOS 5 tonight on my iPhone 4. When iTunes goes to put all my apps, etc back on my phone, an error message displays and it says that the iTunes Backup is Corrupt for my iPhone... Really hoping there is a way to fix this or get my Contacts, etc back on my phone!! :confused::confused:

Thanks!

I'm having exactly the same problem.

Would appreciate any help.

Best regards

doteyes9

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2007

Thanks!

Same thing is happening to me, except now my two backups before I upgraded have mysteriously disappeared, and now I have two new backups of the phone after I tried to restore to either of those backups...

greencross

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
Same thing is happening to me, except now my two backups before I upgraded have mysteriously disappeared, and now I have two new backups of the phone after I tried to restore to either of those backups...

So I was doing the same, I even tried using other backups that I had saved on my Time Machine drive, but no luck.

Whenever iTunes tries to restore the iPhone, it creates another folder on the MobileSync folder under Library/Application Support.

Weird thing is that on my MacBook the older backups were not deleted!!!

Try to recover the backups from your Time Machine... but in my case it didnt work also.

Type X

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2010

Thanks!

Happened to my fiances but not mine, she lost everything BUT luckily she migrates data from her corp so she saved her calendar, contacts & email

the rest i had to "rebuild" app/music/settings wise

Sucked

greencross

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
Happened to my fiances but not mine, she lost everything BUT luckily she migrates data from her corp so she saved her calendar, contacts & email

the rest i had to "rebuild" app/music/settings wise

Sucked

On my case I'm only missing my photos and my contacts so far.

I got all the apps, but i dont have the Address Book App installed neither..:mad:

wope

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2010
Same here...except I don't even get the corrupt message. iTunes isn't showing any of my most recent backups (not even the one created when iOS5 upgrade starts). Restoring to the most recent one it shows (about a month ago) doesn't restore my apps/photos/etc.

This sucks.

greencross

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
Anyone could do anything?

I'm downloading the iOS 5 installation from a direct link to the file, instead from iTunes. Then I'll try to restore the iPhones leaving it as new, then I'll try to recover using a previous backup made some days ago.

I just hope that the previous backups, (not made with iTunes 10.5) will be compatible with iTunes 10.5 and therefore iOS 5

I'll keep u posted

----------

Other way i thought was to revert to iOS 4.3.5 and also downgrade to the previous iTunes, and then use a previous backup file to leave the iPhone as it was before upgrading, then do the whole upgrading to iOS 5 process all over again.

Please let me know your thoughts :confused:

ridenourda03

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
Flathead Valley, Montana
Same here...except I don't even get the corrupt message. iTunes isn't showing any of my most recent backups (not even the one created when iOS5 upgrade starts). Restoring to the most recent one it shows (about a month ago) doesn't restore my apps/photos/etc.

This sucks.

When i go to check in iTunes the list of Backups, I also show NO backup which I did create before installing iOS 5. Anybody have any idea what to do? I found the Backup on my hard drive, but it does not list it in iTunes!! :confused::confused:

S7A2G6

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2011
America (**** Yeah)
After you get your device up and running. Turn it off. Plug it into your computer to turn it back on, it will do its magic and ur contacts and pics and everything else will be on your phone. It just needs a quick nap.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.