Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

exite85

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2011
i got the same issues with my devices. i got an iPhone 4, iPad 1st gen. and iMac. iCloud works nearly fine with the mac, but not with the iOS devices. it won't push the mails to them. but now it starts with the mac. the mails won't show up in the inbox. i just ordered something on amazon and there was no confirmation mail in the inbox. but i got an intelligent folder for amazon mails. there it was. checked the inbox again and again, but it doesn't work. funny though, that this mail was pushed on my iPad.

i guess iCloud is still not working properly. sometimes it works perfectly and sometimes its just useless.

but lets wait until the 12th. hope they sort it out

rcopus

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2010
Push email has stopped working for me since upgrading to iOS 5 and iCloud yesterday.

Lucbert

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2008
Push has never worked for me, not in the Beta and not now. I am 99,9% certain that everything is configured correctly.

OwenMeasures

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2011
London
its weird... after i manually look for emails its works for about 20 mins then stops again until i manually look again, im going round in cricles...

Current

iCloud: Account - Users Affected: Some

10/13/2011 08:37 UTC

Users may experience intermittent slowness when logging in to iCloud Normal service will be restored ASAP. We apologize for any inconvenience.

this is what i am seeing on Apple website, doesnt say about Push mail but i hope thats part of it!! First Error 3002 now this? i have been waiting for iCloud and iOS5 for months now... i understand things do happen but i would of thought Apple would of checked this before release!!

ILikeTurtles

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2010
Now it's working

After powering down my iPhone and restarting - iCloud is now pushing emails to my iPhone. :)

TheOriginalKi

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2011
Belfast
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

If you close the mail app from the multi task bar, does it still push?

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

If you close the mail app from the multi task bar, does it still push?

Not for me, I need to have it running for e-mails to be pushed.

OwenMeasures

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2011
London
exactly what i got ILikeTurtles

Apple recently posted this on the 'Service Status' for iCloud seems as if they have acknowledged the problem and are fixing it.

iCloud: Mail & Notes - Users Affected: Some

10/13/2011 15:03 UTC

Users are experiencing a problem with the service listed above. We apologize for any inconvenience.

prob becuase i rang about 6 times to complain :):):):)

Last edited:

GregElite

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
exactly what i got ILikeTurtles

Apple recently posted this on the 'Service Status' for iCloud seems as if they have acknowledged the problem and are fixing it.

iCloud: Mail & Notes - Users Affected: Some

10/13/2011 15:03 UTC

Users are experiencing a problem with the service listed above. We apologize for any inconvenience.

prob becuase i rang about 6 times to complain :):):):)
Called it in and they said they know and reported it.

OwenMeasures

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2011
London

Anybody's push email yet? Sometimes mine works... Sometimes it don't!! I hope this is a genuine problem and not my phone! Please reply and let us know if your sti having problems! Also post if you are getting pushed email non stop

GregElite

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011

Anybody's push email yet? Sometimes mine works... Sometimes it don't!! I hope this is a genuine problem and not my phone! Please reply and let us know if your sti having problems! Also post if you are getting pushed email non stop

Yes, your not the only one having email problems.

rcopus

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2010

Yes mine seems to have started working today.

I thought it was meant to also push changes though too, rather than just new emails. For example if I delete an email on one device, I thought with iCloud, that it would then delete the email on other devices.

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
Yes mine seems to have started working today.

I thought it was meant to also push changes though too, rather than just new emails. For example if I delete an email on one device, I thought with iCloud, that it would then delete the email on other devices.

Deleting "across the board" works fine for me... Just deleted an e-mail from my iPhone and saw it disappear from Mail in both OSX and on iCloud.com in a matter of seconds.

rcopus

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2010
Deleting "across the board" works fine for me... Just deleted an e-mail from my iPhone and saw it disappear from Mail in both OSX and on iCloud.com in a matter of seconds.

Try deleting it on you Mac or iCloud, I bet it doesn't sync back to your iPhone unless you open the Mail app, or receive a new email. This had always been the behaviour :(

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
Try deleting it on you Mac or iCloud, I bet it doesn't sync back to your iPhone unless you open the Mail app, or receive a new email. This had always been the behaviour :(

Ah, I see what you mean now. Yeah, it's the same as you have to manually update the inbox to see the read/unread status change on your phone. That's actually a bit annoying, but nothing I'm really bothered by since I'm not seeing the e-mails on the phone unless I open the mail app. It would be worse if it didn't work on iCloud.com or in OSX since you never manually update them...

thesaint580

macrumors regular
May 15, 2008
Try to restart your device to see if that helps. It was not working for me until I restarted the device.

andreacao

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2011
The same for me but..

For me it's quite clear that push only works when I disconnect myself from WIFI network, which means push mails of iCloud only works on 3G network? I really question about that.

Pls solve the problem APPLE!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.