Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spanners

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2006
Tunbridge Wells, UK
Hi

I've bought a brand new :apple:TV which looks great works as I'd expect with one small problem.

As my current LCD telly doesn't have enough HDMI ports, I've had to purchase a HDMI switch. The switch is automatic and works perfectly with my Sky+ HD and Playstation 3, the problem is that the :apple:TV doesn't cause the switch to work. If I turn everything onto standby I'd expect the :apple:TV to take over the connection, however it simply doesn't.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
Hi

I've bought a brand new :apple:TV which looks great works as I'd expect with one small problem.

As my current LCD telly doesn't have enough HDMI ports, I've had to purchase a HDMI switch. The switch is automatic and works perfectly with my Sky+ HD and Playstation 3, the problem is that the :apple:TV doesn't cause the switch to work. If I turn everything onto standby I'd expect the :apple:TV to take over the connection, however it simply doesn't.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

I've heard something about the HDMI port being passive on the Apple TV, so it doesn't/can't signal to whatever it's connected to that it's been switched on... Do you have two ports? Then problem solved! If not, I guess you have to get a "manual" switch...

hanid88

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2012
Apple TV HDMI Issue glitch

if your Apple TV constantly glitch like you are loosing stream it might be that you have to change the HDMI Audio to RGBI High look at his video it might help.
vhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHabIv-_ghc&feature=related
:D
I hope it helps...!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.