Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sesnir

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Is anyone else having issues with iCloud bookmark syncing? It keeps reverting to the bookmarks I had 3-6 months ago and on my mac, it creates about 20 duplicate bookmark bar/menu folders.

To be fair, I copied my bookmarks over to my main apple ID/iCloud account from my email-only MobileMe (converted to iCloud as well) account.

- Disable MM bookmark syncing but keep bookmarks.
- Enable iCloud bookmark syncing and merge.
- Enjoy messed up bookmarks.

I also can't get changes made on the Mac to show up on the phone.

Burr510

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2010
Pittsburgh
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Is anyone else having issues with iCloud bookmark syncing? It keeps reverting to the bookmarks I had 3-6 months ago and on my mac, it creates about 20 duplicate bookmark bar/menu folders.

To be fair, I copied my bookmarks over to my main apple ID/iCloud account from my email-only MobileMe (converted to iCloud as well) account.

- Disable MM bookmark syncing but keep bookmarks.
- Enable iCloud bookmark syncing and merge.
- Enjoy messed up bookmarks.

I also can't get changes made on the Mac to show up on the phone.

yeah, Mine wont sync at all (reading list too)

Good User Name

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2011
I'm glad to see that other people are having issues and it isn't just me. Not that I'm glad about problems per se…

How am I supposed to get this to work? I just added a long article that I couldn't finish on my laptop to my reading list. I then checked the phone and went into reading list and saw nothing there. What gives?

I turned on/off the bookmarks stuff on both the MBP and the iPhone. Nothing doing. How have you gotten this to work, if you have?

nwcs

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2009
Tennessee
So far the only thing I've found for forcing sync is to turn off bookmark sync on the device, delete the existing bookmarks when prompted, then turn sync back on. It seems to work but kludgy.

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
Turning it off and back on loads bookmarks from months ago back onto my device. I think it is a system wide error that needs to be fixed. They aren't syncing at all for me anywhere.

Tovewabe

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2011
Eck, I'm getting hundreds of empty folders spontaneously appearing in the bookmarks bar, safari becoming non-responsive...

richpjr

macrumors 68040
May 9, 2006
Eck, I'm getting hundreds of empty folders spontaneously appearing in the bookmarks bar, safari becoming non-responsive...

Yep - what a massive fail on their part. That and having it enabled on my iPad 1 makes it slower than molasses.

Risco

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
Any solution to this? I want to delete the data from iCloud. It keeps bringing up the same data, no matter how many times I disable and enable?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.