Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sakau2007

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
For the longest time, I've disabled just about every facebook notification by email that exists.

However, with iOS 5, I'm interested in opening some of these back up... so long as they are sent to my notification center instead of my gmail account.

Can someone tell me how to set up facebook to send notifications (such as when someone posts in a group that I am a member of) to my phone without getting an email about it?

Thanks,
Steve

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
For the longest time, I've disabled just about every facebook notification by email that exists.

However, with iOS 5, I'm interested in opening some of these back up... so long as they are sent to my notification center instead of my gmail account.

Can someone tell me how to set up facebook to send notifications (such as when someone posts in a group that I am a member of) to my phone without getting an email about it?

Thanks,
Steve

Can't you set facebook up to send text messages for notifications? That might works. Anyway, it the settings of the iphone, you should be able to turn on your notifications on your phone without having to get an email.

sakau2007

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
Can't you set facebook up to send text messages for notifications? That might works. Anyway, it the settings of the iphone, you should be able to turn on your notifications on your phone without having to get an email.

Yes, but for whatever reason, when I do this... I get email notifications too. So basically I'm notified twice every time something happens because my email goes to my phone as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.